Active Topics

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
@rm42: unfortunately the Maemo 5 default window manager doesn't move windows (so far). For Maemo 4 there was an hack, but here I bet it won't be found
Thanks. I suspected as much. Oh, well. Not a big deal. We just have to be careful not to open the Navigator when using OOo outside LXDE.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

OOo is almost usable now! The only significat drawbacks is there is no way to switch to national keyboard layout :-( and the cosmetic problem is too many toolbars and "print" view as default which is not handy..

Originally Posted by arkanoid View Post
OOo is almost usable now! The only significat drawbacks is there is no way to switch to national keyboard layout :-( and the cosmetic problem is too many toolbars and "print" view as default which is not handy..
The default view depends on the view that was being used when the default template was saved. To change it, simply create a new template with the settings you want and use it as the default template.

I don't know what the national keyboard is.

The Following User Says Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
The default view depends on the view that was being used when the default template was saved. To change it, simply create a new template with the settings you want and use it as the default template.

I don't know what the national keyboard is.
Ah, thanks! National keyboard layouts are supported by maemo and switched with Ctrl-Space (say, you may choose English or Russian letters). But it does not work in easydebian applications.

The Following User Says Thank You to arkanoid For This Useful Post:
Ah, thanks! National keyboard layouts are supported by maemo and switched with Ctrl-Space (say, you may choose English or Russian letters). But it does not work in easydebian applications.
How about when launching OOo outside of LXDE?

Same thing, does not seem to matter how i launch it :-(

Downloading the image now. But does anyknow know if there is a vpn client in the easy debian iamge that also supports rsa tokens?

Scott

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
When I start OOo straight from Maemo, if I open the Navigator, I cannot close it... Is it possible?
If someone can tell me what key or key combination closes the navigator window on a desktop computer (one of the key combos on the N8x0 used to toggle the navigator window, so I think it is a Function key), I'll add that to the HW Keys hack, so it can be triggered by a key combo on the N900.

Originally Posted by delaroca View Post
When launching xbindkeys from its desktop icon, why does it take so long... it opens an empty window with a spinning little wheel atop and seems to take forever vs doing a debbie xbindkeys from an xterm.
Yeah about that. It actually doesn't take very long. If you hit the dashboard button in the top left, that empty window disappears right away. It is an artifact of Maemo 5; apps that don't have a window cause a blank window to apparently keep loading for a very long time. I have fixed this in my next version.

Should I have a popup window that tells the user what key combinations have been enabled? Would that make the hack clearer?

I also need to copy the icon from the Diablo version, or make a new one.

National keyboard layouts are supported by maemo and switched with Ctrl-Space (say, you may choose English or Russian letters). But it does not work in easydebian applications.
Oh, I made Ctrl-Space the fullscreen key as an alternative for Ctrl-Up, so if you've enabled the HW key hack it will make your app fullscreen...

I don't think that's your problem, however. Can this be fixed by copying something to the chroot? I don't know... Someone with the "National keyboard layout" system needs to help here.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Re: arkanoid's problem

Could someone see if qwerty12's hack can help this problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
If someone can tell me what key or key combination closes the navigator window on a desktop computer (one of the key combos on the N8x0 used to toggle the navigator window, so I think it is a Function key), I'll add that to the HW Keys hack, so it can be triggered by a key combo on the N900.
The key is F5

The Following User Says Thank You to rm42 For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze