Active Topics

Notices

i agree with most post here... for a internet tablet (noo it not really a phone...) one of the main things you do on the internet, email, is really the worst part in my yes of the N900.

Even the UI is not really well thought through.. for example the send button.. Why on earth is that in the top right corner?? I constantly have to scroll up..
Yesterday a friend of mine played with it and send an email from my N900. he started pressing the status bar (with the font stuff) to send the email.

Why is that font bar there? I really dont need that, never use it (or 99.99% of the time) in normal mail client also. And here it fills up screen estate big time. And it doesnt have a icon that you really want and use in 100% of the emails.. and thats sending the thing!

The Following User Says Thank You to jcompagner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
Even the UI is not really well thought through.. for example the send button.. Why on earth is that in the top right corner?? I constantly have to scroll up..
Email app is one of apps on N900 that is just really really under standards. Its like proof of concept.

BUT http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Shortcuts_and_Gestures You can send with CTRL-Enter, and reply CTRL-R.

Last edited by slender; 2010-01-24 at 10:18.

is it just me or no one else miss the "mark all as read" function???

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by bitziz View Post
is it just me or no one else miss the "mark all as read" function???
No, it's there allright. It's right-click on a folder, so on N900 'push and hold stylus'.

Also, I find the easiest to read manual is directly upstream, at http://www.claws-mail.org/documentation.php when I'm sitting on a big screen.

I'd definately like to see an improved email app. After years of using Profimail on S60, would love something similar.

Kind of worrying that I can't read my emails off line unless I have an internet connection active.

Originally Posted by pcfe View Post
No, it's there allright. It's right-click on a folder, so on N900 'push and hold stylus'.

Also, I find the easiest to read manual is directly upstream, at http://www.claws-mail.org/documentation.php when I'm sitting on a big screen.
How do you do that? Can only mark one message at a time as "Mark as Read" using a long stylus press.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by berty View Post
How do you do that? Can only mark one message at a time as "Mark as Read" using a long stylus press.
he said folder

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MontyBravo View Post
yeah its daft for it to be so slow with only a few emails.

really cant decide if i should keep this phone. i am writing this on my n900 lol

mb
Not sure where your speed problem is , but PR1.1 fixed my inbox problem, and its near instantaneous for me now on all my in boxes.

I have an MFE account doing push emails calendar and contacts, a pop account with Yahoo, and an IMAP account and Finally a Nokia messaging account that pushes my Gmail to me.

I like the way Modest handles multiple accounts seamlessly.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
Any good alternative at the moment?
Like that claw .. (if it is, i never used it)

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Montpellier, France
Another issue in the mail client, when a mailbox is slow to answer, the folder "inbox" disappears until all the messages have been downloaded... what a shame when you launch 3G, then mail client starts to download messages, doesn't achieve to download them all, and then you have no acces at all to the inbox !

oh, the long push on folder to mark all messages read... that doesn't work I can press the folder as long as I want, it does nothing

I had in the idea to start the development of a new mail app, but I wonder if it's a good idea, because it will certainly take a long time before having a client handling all the basic things needed for mail... And with meego on the way, maybe a new mail app will be soon published in Qt, compatible with maemo

Last edited by ravioli156; 2010-04-13 at 19:45.