Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
Let's not forget that one of the main things that was noted about the 770, n800 and n810 was that they were too big, and not handy to be a phone. History showed that this is very easily overcome with either a bluetooth headset or a wired headset. A number of people have used their tablets profusely as phones before the N900, so slamming the Apple Tablet for "not fitting in your pocket" is very ironic.
You can hold the 770, n800, and n810 up to your head (though the mic was positioned oddly making it difficult to speak into). I can't imagine holding a 7 or 9 inch tablet to your head. Though you are correct, a use of a bluetooth headset or wired headset would suffice.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

lets not put it past the apple fanbois to accept this device with open arm just because steve jobs said its cool. all of the sudden bluetooth and speakerphone will be the craze

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Perhaps but even with a bluetooth headset thats a hell of a large item to tote around just to make a phone call. Then again I never really understood the whole tablet thing.
I don't know why anyone just looking for a phone would even consider a Nokia tablet, other than maybe the posibility to sync a contacts database with any open contacts database without being tied down to some virus infected or locked down computer imitation. Maybe not worth it.

I also don't see the attraction of a dedicated web browser/video player with a tiny screen.

But a pocket size PDA/PIM, audio player, GPS, phone via basic linux functionality and wifi/GPRS internet connectivity is very desirable for me. Since it has taken so long for something like this to show up, it is now possible to have decent video and other tablet functionality as well.

To me, it is almost criminal that Nokia had not developed or bought kick *** PDA/PIM applications by the time of the n800 or at least n810, the n770 might be a bit large to carry everywhere.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
You can hold the 770, n800, and n810 up to your head (though the mic was positioned oddly making it difficult to speak into). I can't imagine holding a 7 or 9 inch tablet to your head. Though you are correct, a use of a bluetooth headset or wired headset would suffice.
I use n810 as voip phone without headset in this manner.
Speakers and microphone are good enough.

Hello! I'm in the library!!!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
Let's not forget that one of the main things that was noted about the 770, n800 and n810 was that they were too big, and not handy to be a phone. History showed that this is very easily overcome with either a bluetooth headset or a wired headset. A number of people have used their tablets profusely as phones before the N900, so slamming the Apple Tablet for "not fitting in your pocket" is very ironic.
Yeah. It should fit easily in a backpack.

Steve Jobs could sell sh*t to his fanboys as long as its wrapped in shiny white plastic with a apple logo on it.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Yeah. It should fit easily in a backpack.
You made my macbook smell of beer.