Closed Thread
thnx jebba for your "great Mirror work" !

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
the repositories are back up. (for me at least )

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
the repositories are back up. (for me at least )
yep they are

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Germany
Today at, 14.02.2010 repositories are down again?

Error message:
An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.37ee9c3e.1266138526.2e2d6793

Sorry to say this, but it is a mess to setup maemo development SDK. It seams no one at Maemo or Nokia is interesting to support development for maemo 4. But setup the SDK for maemo 5 isn't really better.

Half the time it seems the server don't work. (maemo 4) A while ago setting up scratchbox for maemo 5 the installer script don't work over a longer time, because it can't verify a downloaded file of the scratchbox installation. Than the arm target of the maemo 4 SDK have some problems on newer Linux kernels and installation on 64Bit system makes trouble anyway.

Then the maemo VM SDK. The pre final version don't really work for me. Then on the homepage of the VM SDK, the final SDK was announced. But on the download site only the pre final SDK was found for a long time. OK, now the final SDK is available and it seems that it is also working, so far I can test it. But to install some packages it also needs access to the maemo repositories, which are more down than up.

A small comparison. Setting up Android development system for an android beginner: 15 minutes. Setting up a really working maemo development environment for maemo 4 and if possible maemo 5 with Qt development possible: Weeks, month, years, ....? Even setting up Symbian development system is easier.

Last edited by blachner; 2010-02-14 at 15:13.

<perhaps offtop>
The same with FLASHER!
I got "An error occurred while processing your request." when tried http://tablets-dev.nokia.com
Previous time it was server move announced. But what happened today?
It would be great if someone from Nokia commented here or better in News about the problem.
Nokia, where are you?

I can confirm the same problem. When trying to access the Extra repository I receive the following error:

An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.479e9bd5.1266142437.297b2863
I also haven't been able to upload packages with autobuilder from yesterday evening. I hope someone will fix this ASAP.

I'm afraid nobody will fix it till Monday...
But I hope someone will tell us what happened.
UPD: I was wrong, thanks Nokia.

Last edited by tabletter; 2010-02-14 at 12:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to tabletter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Thread locked. This was for a very specific period and very specific action (server move). Please create a new thread if you wish to discuss the fact a server is unresponsive.

Thanks.

Edit: Removing sticky as well.

Closed Thread