Active Topics

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by b666m View Post
did you use the search?

here's one of the found threads:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37874
I dont know why but it kind of doesnt want to work the way im telling it to do.... (btw im maemo and linux n00b so still learning)
Trying to get in touch with Matan to ask for the copy of already modified file so i can compare and learn the wai he done it but he still didnt reply. Hope to have it done soon.

Originally Posted by b666m View Post
i can't think about anything hardware specific that would be worth changing/adding.
this phone has everything it should have. ^^

and... mhm... everyone who tinkers on a 599€-phone (imho) has too much money or lives the "no risk, no fun" way
I have one!!!!

Tkake the back cover off and rebuild it!!!
kick stand OFF (is useless)
silver bit OFF (just decoration)
camera cover SLIMMER AND PROBABBLY WITH SOME DOTTS INSTEAD OF LINE FOR GRIP TO OPEN IT

SHALL WE WOTE FOR THIS?????

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
Well andy_x_net , show you HW mod

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by andy_x_net View Post
Hi guys, here we go im not sure what ive done but i managed to corupt one of the files!!!!!!!!!!!

Check this pic for error....

Please does anyone have original and btw know where does it supose to go?????

Kind regards
I am in a similar situation--but with a corrupted notification icon button (i.e., the icon that shows up on the top left when you have a VM/SMS/E-mail etc). Like you, a reboot doesn't fix it. I have not installed anything in testing or devel. I did notice that it showed up after the latest firmware update, so I wonder if it is associated with that.

Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
I am in a similar situation--but with a corrupted notification icon button (i.e., the icon that shows up on the top left when you have a VM/SMS/E-mail etc). Like you, a reboot doesn't fix it. I have not installed anything in testing or devel. I did notice that it showed up after the latest firmware update, so I wonder if it is associated with that.
well there is several things to try:
-uninstall and install update again
-uninstall and insrall current theme u have
-try to find the icon in all those files and replace it (tricky one but i made it as a newbie so can u)

OFF TOPIC:

Im out for few day cos my girl is going mental have not spoke to her for 5 days (we live together...) cos i was to busy with my phone doing MODs

see u all soon again hope when i come back there is some super great new ideas

take care all of u

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Anyone know where to find female voice "battery charging" or similiar? I think it would be nice for n900

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
how for example do i access /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon on my computer with the n900 connected?

Originally Posted by teemui View Post
Anyone know where to find female voice "battery charging" or similiar? I think it would be nice for n900
try here i done mine from there
http://www.wavsource.com/sfx/

search few pages back

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by msa View Post
how for example do i access /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon on my computer with the n900 connected?
via ssh. just use the search. there are some how-to's in few threads.
(or copy the folder in xterm to MyDocs and after modifying the files copy them back. *dirty one*)

Tags
maemo mods, mods thread