Active Topics

I remember reading something about uninstalling the app and reinstalling it... or maybe something to do with disabling bluetooth. Sorry I'm not much help.

The Following User Says Thank You to st5150 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
The headphone socket on the N810 supports stereo output and microphone input. I wonder if inserting a headphone without microphone is the source of the problem. Perhaps when the headset turns off the speakers it also turns off the N810 microphone. My Nokia headset with is stereo sound and a microphone works properly with sound recording and with Skype.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Last edited by fragos; 2010-01-21 at 19:59. Reason: typo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fragos For This Useful Post:
if i plug in part way, it seems to help with allowing both to work, but not practical of course because the line will easily fall out.

Originally Posted by st5150 View Post
"normal" 3prong headphones will disable the internal mic when plugged in your NIT. I believe this has to do with how the jack works and not the software/OS. Diablo has nothing to do with it.
i think st5150 is correct. not a perfect design. and too bad the n810 manual doesn't adress this.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
I'd agree the manual might have mentioned turning off the built in mike but I question the design comment. The jack is a standard off the shelf part and the headset with microphone provided by Nokia works correctly.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

having the built-in mic working with standard headphones would be really useful. either way, fragos, i feel honored to have my comment questioned by you. i've learned a lot from your posts!

The Following User Says Thank You to wesgreen For This Useful Post: