Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
Now i am replying to Texrats abusive private message... LLOLLOLOLOLOLOL... like i said if u attack the newbies expect to be exposed by me what you are truely doing... if you stop it then u r safe. Enough Said.
Give it a rest dude, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Now i am replying to Texrats abusive private message... LLOLLOLOLOLOLOL... like i said if u attack the newbies expect to be exposed by me what you are truely doing... if you stop it then u r safe. Enough Said.

I'll ask you again in case you didn't see it the first time. What was your original purpose for posting in this thread?

If it was just to bait another member over something unrelated you certainly are taking the fun out of my participation in this forum.

I apologize to all for taking this off topic but I am at a loss in determining what value posts like that (or even this one) have in any thread.

To the original poster: I hope you can get your money back because the N800 sounds like it wasn't what you expected.
BTW, you never really made clear what you expected and why though.

As for the time sync; Nokia obviously wants to keep track of who downloads their proprietary code. They ask for the mac addy don't they? A time check sum may be boiler plate security that they use for all their firmware installers.

Most OEM's frown on "rolling back" to previous versions that may contain "holes" that they have closed in subsequent versions.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Give it a rest dude, you're just embarrassing yourself.

And having fun just like you did with SAP. The guy is cracking and I think it's funny... he deserves it though cuz he likes to mix it up but when someone bigger comes to play he runs like a coward. Why was it ok for you to enjoy your torture of SAP and I can't enjoy a Texrat meltdown?

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
As for the time sync; Nokia obviously wants to keep track of who downloads their proprietary code. They ask for the mac addy don't they? A time check sum may be boiler plate security that they use for all their firmware installers.
Or it may be that the Nokia software accesses a secure server, and to avoid expired (or not yet valid) certificate issues the software probably attempts to ensure the local time is reasonably up to date. I personally see nothing wrong in this and I'm at a loss as to why having an accuate time on the users PC is a problem, or even a big deal. Or have I missed something? I don't recall the Nokia updater hasseling me to sync time on my install of XP - but then it was already up to date...

The fact that a patch is needed on Windows to fix DST and that this requires - shock horror - a legally licenced version of Windows before it will install is not Nokias problem. For all we know, the time sync issue could be a requirement of the .net framework whenever it establishes a secure connection and it recognises the local time is way out of whack. Whatever the reason for the time sync issue, the fact the OP is unable to install a patch from Microsoft is *not* Nokias problem - the OP should blame the correct guily party and blame Microsoft (or himself, for not having a licenced copy of Windows...)

It's disappointing to see how this thread has turned out, but not really surprising. If the OP had been a little more constructive in his complaints the reception would have been more sympathetic, but to come on this forum and blame Nokia and the device for all his problems is hardly the wisest thing to do particularly when the blame for some of those problems almost certainly lie elsewhere.

Everyone on this forum wants to help other IT users resolve their issues, but if users just come here to whine rather than address the issues then they should expect a less than polite reception.

What a beating.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-05-15 at 04:02.

And having fun just like you did with SAP. The guy is cracking and I think it's funny... he deserves it though cuz he likes to mix it up but when someone bigger comes to play he runs like a coward. Why was it ok for you to enjoy your torture of SAP and I can't enjoy a Texrat meltdown?
Nobody "tortured" Sapporobaby, and you're not torturing Texrat. You're beginning to post in the same style and thus appear much like Sapporobaby however, which is quite depressing for us all.

Everyone on this forum wants to help other IT users resolve their issues, but if users just come here to whine rather than address the issues then they should expect a less than polite reception.

What a beating.

OMG Milhouse who whines more than you when it comes to the way Nokia operates... I wouldn;t know where to begin... I use windows for 20 years... i reformat my hard drive minimum 2 times per year for 20 years = 40 times... it used to take 2 hours to reformat and insall all the stuff... now it's like 16 hours... you have 1 automatic reboot and you on on here posting about it and threatening Nokia that your money will go elsewhere next time if this doesn't get corrected. Most of the time your posts are a good read though I give you that BUT U DO WHINE QUITE A BIT!

Nobody "tortured" Sapporobaby, and you're not torturing Texrat. You're beginning to post in the same style and thus appear much like Sapporobaby however, which is quite depressing for us all.
Texrat and U tortured SAP. If you deny this then you are in the same denial as he is. you knew he was BSing and instead of letting it go you hammered him into submission... just like i am doing to Texrat. But if Texrat stops being a newbie basher I will not bother him... he never stops once he gets on these types of threads and neither did u on SAP.

OMG Milhouse who whines more than you when it comes to the way Nokia operates... I wouldn;t know where to begin... I use windows for 20 years... i reformat my hard drive minimum 2 times per year for 20 years = 40 times... it used to take 2 hours to reformat and insall all the stuff... now it's like 16 hours... you have 1 automatic reboot and you on on here posting about it and threatening Nokia that your money will go elsewhere next time if this doesn't get corrected. Most of the time your posts are a good read though I give you that BUT U DO WHINE QUITE A BIT!
I think you have me confused with someone else!

What are you blathering on about? (As if I cared...)

EDIT: Adding quote for context - can't keep up with all these replies...

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-05-15 at 04:12.

I only asked Sap one question - the fact he went off the deep end wasn't my problem, and I didn't push him nor did I goad his reaction. I merely asked him a straight question which only required a straight answer. No "LOOOOOLLLL" bullsh1t, no name calling, no derogatory references - just a straight question. I didn't "hammer him into submission", and I very much doubt you'll have much success with Texrat.

Really, this sort of discussion is not worthy of this forum. If you want to take your internet thug attitude out on someone, please do it elsewhere.

I think you have me confused with someone else!

What are you blathering on about? (As if I cared...)

Well... you sent me a private email laughing about SAP having a meltdown. You forgot that? These are facts man... just cuz I did "LLOLOLOLOL" publically after getting a meltdown email from Texrat doesn't give u the right to give me the "mature speech" now Milhouse... not after we exchanged 5 emails each with u telling me how u did a google search on SAP and found out his real name and how funny it all was to you... now you are speaking in Texrat mentality. You & Texrat bullied him off this board no question about it AND YOU LOVED IT... fine I too am the same like you. We are practically brothers man and don;t you think otherwise.

Last edited by euchreprof; 2007-05-15 at 04:22.

Closed Thread