Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
If nobody else is interested in doing so, I'd like to do a proper port of Evince to Maemo 5 (and I mean a properly Hildonized port; I ain't talking about taking the source from the Diablo repository, uploading it to the Fremantle auto-builder and calling it a day).

Having to kill -9 ossopdfviewer for a "bookmark" is starting to annoy me...

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-01-17 at 19:49.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
If nobody else is interested in doing so, I'd like to do a proper port of Evince to Maemo 5 (and I mean a properly Hildonized port; I ain't talking about taking the source from the Diablo repository, uploading it to the Fremantle auto-builder and calling it a day).

Having to kill -9 ossopdfviewer for a "bookmark" is starting to annoy me...
This sounds sweet and would be truly appreciated!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
OK, just to prove I'm not bullshitting:

(Yes, this is Evince from Debian Sid, displaying a Djvu file)

It's in extras-devel, but before you rush to install it:
  • It's not fully Hildonized - I will work on this tomorrow and during the week.
  • Keybindings aren't all there, either.
  • Postscript support is disabled. I have no interest in uploading the dependencies required to enable it.
  • I stupidly didn't remove the NoDisplay line in Evince's desktop file... Will re-upload when I've finished Hildonizing it...

Before you scream at me, this is in Extras-devel only and I am working on it.

Poppler and Evince are optified, but I can't say the same for all of its dependencies.

Oh, and for you Qt people (BOO! HISS!), I've uploaded the latest Poppler with the Qt 4 bindings.

[Evince] Configure summary:
Platform...........: hildon
GConf Support......: yes
GTK+ Unix Print....: yes
Keyring Support....: no
DBUS Support.......: yes
SM client support..: no
Nautilus Plugin....: no
Thumbnailer........: no
Previewer..........: no
Gtk-Doc Support....: no
Debug mode.........: no
GObj. Introspection: no
Tests..............: yes

PDF Backend........: yes
PostScript Backend.: no
TIFF Backend.......: yes
DJVU Backend.......: yes
DVI Backend........: yes
Pixbuf Backend.....: yes
Comics Backend.....: yes
Impress Backend....: yes

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
Thanks a lot for this. It looks _very_ promising. I installed it and was able to open my djvu files:-)

I know it's a work in progress but just wanted to inform you that the present version doesn't seem to create an entry in the application menu. It however works fine if I launch it from the terminal.

Thanks a lot for your work on this!

EDIT: Ok, I see from your post that you are aware of the desktop issue, sorry!

Last edited by filologen; 2010-01-18 at 18:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to filologen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by filologen View Post
I know it's a work in progress but just wanted to inform you that the present version doesn't seem to create an entry in the application menu. It however works fine if I launch it from the terminal.
Thanks!

Yes, I was stupid and forgot to remove the "NoDisplay=True" line from its desktop file so it's not shown in the menu.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Clicking thanks is not enough... You should accept donations, Faheem. In another thread, yesterday, I've thanked God for your existence... And - I don't know how old are you and if you're a student or work - but Nokia or another high tech company should hurry to hire you

Last edited by debernardis; 2010-01-19 at 05:38. Reason: word choice (English is not my mother tongue :( )

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
happy to donate to you mate..donated to author of FMMS the other day, i will pay for work that i appreciate

keep up good work ...ps ...

Anychance of working on amiga emu for n900..lol...gotta ask cos if u dont ask u dont get

The Following User Says Thank You to dread123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dread123 View Post
happy to donate to you mate..donated to author of FMMS the other day, i will pay for work that i appreciate

keep up good work ...ps ...

Anychance of working on amiga emu for n900..lol...gotta ask cos if u dont ask u dont get
Thanks, but donations aren't my style. I work for Thanks!

Besides, it'd be extremely immoral for me to ask for donations for the Evince work - I didn't write it in the first place!

(And the software I've written for Maemo isn't really that great...)

No, sorry, I'm not clever enough and not so keen on the Amiga, to tell you the truth

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
hi,
for the new users of n900, what are the full steps for installing evince on my n900?

thanks a lot.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Just installed Evince, couldn't find shortcut anywhere, so ran it off the CLI. Accidentally pressed the sideshow button after going full screen. Can't seem to get back anyway since there is no escape key, had to kill the task. Good job overall, just needs a bit more finger friendly interface