Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I'm not really sure why load-applet has screenshot/screencast features anyway. Seems to me that they would be better off in a different app.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
There's two aspects that we better not mix in this discussion:

a) There's a feature that, although it's prominently advertised, doesn't work.

b) Why does an application that's meant to be a load applet offer screenshot/screencast features at all?

In my humble opinion, only a) is to be discussed by the community. It is a valid concern to say that Extras should only consist of applications that work as advertised.

Point b) is something completely different. The author of the application found it useful that way. It's his choice.
(I have to admit I find it much more useful, too, than Shift+Ctrl+P, which is simply impossible to do on this keyboard. And I very much like the fact that I don't have to install yet another app for such a simple thing.)

If you prefer to have a load applet without the screenshot feature, no doubt there'll be one in Extras sooner or later.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nymajoak View Post
Personally I appreciate this for the very reason you state. I can't install it however. App manager says the installation file is damaged.
Autobuilder got confused somehow and messed something up. Uploaded package again as 0.0.3 and now it works as expected.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuminoid For This Useful Post:
the load-applet works fine for me and as benny1967 stated, i find the screenshot option wayyyyyyyyyy better than ctrl shift p....
the only thing i lack is a list that shows which app is using lots of memory or keeping the cpu busy

how to modify default path of screenshot?

Tags
load applet