Active Topics

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
alternatively someone could send me a copy of their modyfied "volume_status_menu_item.so" thanks

i found vims user manual but i only understand english
http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/usr_toc.html

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i tried editing "volume_status_menu_item.so" again and managed to do it successfully... just waiting to see if its gonna work... and YES THANKS

if you dont know how to use vim, use leafpad.

Just to point you to the similar thread and the bug, which gives the information that the problem is fixed and should be resolved with next release.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Replace both instances of the string "tklock_mode_ind" with "tklock_m0de_ind" in /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/volume_status_menu_item.so. This will restore the old behaviour, with the exception that you can't actually see the volume slider on the screen anymore (when it is showing the "slide to unlock" screen, that is). The buttons will have no effect when the screen is off.
I am using 10.2010.19-1 and couldn't find the string on this file.

Now I understand that, when the device is locked, you have to FIRST press the power button (that brings the unlock screen) and then use the volume keys. This works, but it is way too hard for me to press the buttons.

Anyone has a solution where I can just change the volume WITHOUT pressing the power button first?