Originally Posted by keljuk View Post
I was under the assumption that there'd be new features like portrait mode and mms in this update, but no. I'm beggining to worry that we're not going to see them until maemo 6 via a new device
They did give portrait mode in the browser... and they did do *something* with MMS - I'm just not entirely sure what it was. Some developer access thing.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
My update went perfect, most the problems are caused by people not taking warnings serious about Extras-devel
Did apple do this?
NOPE
But they did this and are getting sued again, Kodak will be raking it in for sure they won an exact law suite v Samsung already

OTA update while charging. its working beautifully. I did write on different threads to frustrated people that update works great. People spended tons of money for the device they are holding now.

so reinstall, lookup flashing n900. see u on the positive side of things.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by keljuk View Post
I'm a bit dissapointed aswell. The device got a bit snappier and drains a bit less battery under heavy load. Calendar and musicplayer widgets still consume too much cpu-cycles (28%). Phone app got a bit laggier and scrolling still is a bit of a pain. It even might have gone worse.
I was under the assumption that there'd be new features like portrait mode and mms in this update, but no. I'm beggining to worry that we're not going to see them until maemo 6 via a new device
-portrait mode available to browser
-mms solution being developed by community member

Originally Posted by waleed786 View Post
I updated mine and havent had a single bug all day. I think the new update is great, and everything feels much better. I noticed most of these bugs happened to people who flashed their n900's, or used NSU. I updated mine OTA and it went perfect. Everyone who updates OTA seems to be okay.
i did mine through NSU and its working fine.

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
Originally Posted by late666 View Post
Chill, will ya?
Mine worked like a charm.
I'm sure most people can say the same.
can you still say the same today? i dont mean to be a dic, up i have not read a one post where someone had nothing but good to say, i was fine with the frimware that it came with everything seems to work well, but as you can see there endless saddness after the update

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Try here. 30 odd people actually bothered to say they had nothing to bother them. In places like this you will always see a higher density of problems, because the people without problems don't post. So that's a pretty startling thread.

I have nothing but good to say. And, I would not normally bother to say this, as it is a useless post, except when some nitwit claims the update is rife with flaws.

Everything went perfectly, the device is now faster and does everything I want it to do.

Mine works fine. Actually I love it so much this update assured me that I mad the right choice with the n900 and to be honest. Don't worry about whats said in these threads. This phone works better than any phone I've owned. I feel like there are some member in these threads that work for the competition because some of the gripes are minor and this phone is sick.

I don't understand why Maemo Talk just doesn't delete all threads that don't lead to improvement or troubleshooting because other than that and maybe brainstorming I'd say 80% of the threads here have no true purpose.

When you look at a thread take a moment and ask yourself....Is this person seeking help?....Is this person looking to improve the platform? Aside from those reasons I just feel like there are a number of people here to simply complain.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by aniMAL_ View Post
NSU has bricked phones doing firmware updates on ALL Nokia devices in the past. This is nothing new with countless N97's bricking half way through updates. The OTA function is a much safer option and this seems to be one of the first phones that supports such major updates OTA. If this was an N97 receiving an update of this size, I'd of been extremely worried about using NSU.

NSU = Fail.
OTA = Win.
N900s NSU is actually wrapping the linux flasher code, so we have totally different implementation of the flashing than s60. It it really secure. It might fail once, but try again and it'll succeed.