Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Is ScummVM on the way to the EXTRA Reposity?

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by mece View Post
I found it in a shop 19 years ago. Unfortunately that shop has since been closed.

Fortunately you can now buy it online. Here for example:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/32360/

BTW This is a sweet package for law abiding ScummVM enthusiasts:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2102/
I have that steam package but can not get them to work in scummvm (any of them not just n900) i seem to be missing the ATLANTIS.000 file.

Any ideas?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by akfo7 View Post
Do anyone try the day on the tentacle on N900 ?

@rapante: do you have msn account to add you in my contact list ?
Yes, I have tried day of the tentacle and it works just fine

Yes, I have msn but I hardly ever use it (I go online to say hello to a few old friends from the UK every 3 month or so) so it is not worth the effort

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by electristan View Post
I have that steam package but can not get them to work in scummvm (any of them not just n900) i seem to be missing the ATLANTIS.000 file.

Any ideas?
Do those games have a windows or dos binary(exe)? if they have a windows binary you will probably not get them to run at all. there is a high chance that they've packed the whole data into another container than the original game had

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by rapante View Post
Do those games have a windows or dos binary(exe)? if they have a windows binary you will probably not get them to run at all. there is a high chance that they've packed the whole data into another container than the original game had
i was afraid of that might be the case. thanks for the info.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Can I reset settings of scummvm? i put too big resolution in program so now i can't access to options menu to change it

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
At a guess, delete the ~/.scummvm directory.

Originally Posted by rapante View Post
The ScummVM developers confirmed that the Steam versions do not work with ScummVM currently. They say it would be relatively trivial to support them, but they don't want to step on LucasArts toes. Personally, I wish they would so that I could use those versions on my N900, but their decision.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheLongshot For This Useful Post:
The steam games are also encrypted and repackaged so don't even bother trying them with ScummVM. I looked into it a while ago.

Originally Posted by Luke Valentine View Post
ScummVM works like an absolute charm. Took me a bit to navigate to the game location from the main screen, as it was all directories im sure I dont have! But once found, its smooth, the audio is great, and the touch is very accurate.

The last scummvm version i used was on winmo, and was a bit sketchy, but this version is great.
Hi i think i got the same Problem. Installed Scummvm (1.0.0-4)
with extras devel.
Now it starts, but i have no idea what folderīs scums me showing
when im trying to ad a new game.

Folders like:bin, boot, cdrom, dev, floppy,ect.
Anyone an idea how i can navigate to "real" folders
that im seeing when plugged the n900 to the pc.

Thanks so far, donjoe