Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ New Hampshire, USA
Does anybody know if its possible to get this one working as a download. It's all kinds of fun.

The Following User Says Thank You to pokey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by pokey View Post
Does anybody know if its possible to get this one working as a download. It's all kinds of fun.
It's slow, but it works.

Tim

I couldn't get it to open at all. I got an error stating something about expecting a different domain.

I get the same error on my desktop. I go here in Firefox, choose Save As, then choose Open File, and I get this:

Wrong domain: '' expected: 'fantasticcontraption.com'

My guess is that the game creators have found a way to not allow you to play it downloaded.

http://firstpersontetris.com/

This one is fun, but it may make you throw up. I haven't tried it on the tablet, though.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
I downloaded this and played it for a basic snake game its cool just put the swf files on your n900 and load from file manager the source is also on the site if someone wants to make it better.

http://www.osix.net/modules/article/?id=703
So are you saying that any flash game can be played independently of a browser, by taking the flash files from the browser's cache and putting them onto the N900, then running them from the file manager? Is it really just that easy?

I found that the flash games on many sites ran slowly because of so much other junk running on their pages.

Yes, I'll try this myself, I just wanted to confirm if I understood you correcly before I got too excited.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ UAE/Dubai/Burj Khalifa
Originally Posted by oldpmaguy View Post
So are you saying that any flash game can be played independently of a browser, by taking the flash files from the browser's cache and putting them onto the N900, then running them from the file manager? Is it really just that easy?

I found that the flash games on many sites ran slowly because of so much other junk running on their pages.

Yes, I'll try this myself, I just wanted to confirm if I understood you correcly before I got too excited.
SWF games work perfectly!

Im gonna try some miniclip games...great source for flash games

Its time to stop posting!!!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1646/stopposting.jpg

Originally Posted by Ahmed360 View Post
SWF games work perfectly!

Im gonna try some miniclip games...great source for flash games
Yes, SWF games will open in the browser automatically when you click on them in the file browser, yay! But they are still pretty slow, boo.

As to Miniclip.com games, it seems that many of the very nice games are in a DCR extension, not a SWF extension.

Is it possible to load those up into the browser to experiment? Upon clicking them, N900 gives you a "what program do you want to open this file with" dialogue. But I don't see the web browser in the list of files(I don't even know if its a freestanding program, or what it is named, for that matter.)

Is there a solution to this? Maybe a "drag and drop" kind of operation, dropping the DCR file directly into the browser window, or something?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Several posts moved from the Snake discussion thread.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Maybe a weird question.. but I some how cant find the tools section