Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
I better get out of this thread. It seems I'm missing about half the "input" (speaking purely technically, of course) and I'm not inclined to un-dungeon this guy.

Thanks for the .00001% though, although I don't quite get it.

Too late. KARL=Owned.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
I am at work at the moment so it's all good for me... I am making money and this thread is definately entertaining me.
Glad to be of service.

See? We're not all bad. Even the .00001 percenters ( Karel).

Yo, you are merely a "Member" with only 36 posts... *I* am a "Senior Member" with over 100 posts. WATCH HOW YOU TALK TO ME YOUNG MAN!
Hahahahahahahaha! What a tard. Ohhhh, scary, a "senior" member. Freaking tool.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Why are you asking me? I'm a Lynix-- er, Linux noob!

Oops, you didn't ask me! I'm such a tool.

Email me if you need to learn this... I just cracked Wifi and I am willing to share what I have just been taught... i didnt master it but I did it and i got the gest of it... will take another week to master and ask more questions to my Lynix pro guy and then I will post what i have been taught directly... NOW FOR ME THIS THREAD SERVED IT'S PURPOSE AND I AM DONE WITH IT UNTIL EXACTLY 1 WEEK FROM NOW WHEN I POST WITH CONFIDENCE WHAT I JUST ACCOMPLISHED TONIGHT. I NEVER WANTED TO FIGHT AS I WILL PROVE IN THE NEXT WEEK WHEN I GET TRASHED BUT DONT RESPOND... BUT... I WILL MAKE MY POST 1 WEEK FROM TODAY... I COULD DO IT NOW BUT I NEED TO ASK MORE QUESTIONS AND I WANT TO MAKE IT REALLY REALLY EASY FOR A NEWBIE.

Just one more question before you go, Mr. President: Nancy Pelosi in 20 words or less.

If we look at it from a broader perspective, euchreprof just wants to be able to get some things done FIRST, whilst learning the finer points along the way, instead of having to learn MOST of it before embarking on it.

Just different ways of reaching the final goal. I do see the need of some users who prefer to do first, get some positive results, and then pick up new knowledge from there. This gives them less steep of a learning curve as compared to having to read a whole lot before they can do anything. It is also less daunting and more encouraging. As a windows user, I find that Linux can be quite difficult to pick up, so having some (some!) easier way to do things to boost one's confidence will win more users.

Of course, asking nicely may have helped more, but perhaps he prefers it this way, which most of the people in the forums would not like.

Anyway, just wanted everyone to appreciate that there are many ways to the goal and how you get there, depends on your preference and resources available to you.

Oh heck, luke, I personally have no problem with what you just described there. I've pled for quick-and-dirty myself on occasion. I'm betting others having fun with this thread have too. But hopefully we Old Guys are utilizing a smoother approach.

'night all.

wow...just. wow.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
90% of the posts in here because too many words are used to explain stuff and all this Lynix stuff is lost on me...
It's not Lynix.

It's GNU/Lynix!

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
It's not Lynix.

It's GNU/Lynix!
Actually, it's GNAT/Lynix.

Closed Thread