Active Topics

Ever since day one, my NIT would automatically and instantly connected to one of the pre-defined access points on startup. Lately this hasn't been the case. It waits the full 5 minute search interval before scanning and connecting to a pre-defined access point. Anyone have a solution or troubleshooting tips?

Last edited by st5150; 2010-01-14 at 02:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to st5150 For This Useful Post:
TTT, anyone have any ideas why it won't connect to an access point instantly after bootup anymore?

Funny... same thing happened to my tablet. I'm interested to see what the culprit is.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by st5150 View Post
Ever since day one, my NIT would automatically and instantly connected to one of the pre-defined access points on startup. Lately this hasn't been the case. It waits the full 5 minute search interval before scanning and connecting to a pre-defined access point. Anyone have a solution or troubleshooting tips?
What are your connectivity settings?

General tab: Connect Automatically WLAN Search interval 5 minutes
Idle Times: WLAN idle time: Unlimited

A different odd network problem seems to have popped up recently as well, but I don't think it's relayed to the problem mentioned above. DNS querying seems to fail while switching between access points. Only a reboot seems to fix this.

So where in the boot process is the 5 minute interval started? Is this an alarmd event ?