Active Topics

Poll: Do your N900 have Dead or Stuck pixel?
Poll Options
Do your N900 have Dead or Stuck pixel?

Originally Posted by talkMAEMOnik View Post
Only If there is no dust and hair particles under the screen

I don't know any android-phone with resolution for about 800x480, which is already in the market.
There is one, actually two Android Phones with a resolution of 854x480 in the market: The Motorola Droid, also know as Motorola Milestone in Europe!

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Sent my n900 back last week to Nokia, haven't heard anything back yet. I hope I haven't returned my dead pixel n900 for a replacement dead pixel n900.

I have to send mine in for a replacement too. One dead pixel that is very easily seen when watching dark scenes or at night. I only have had it for a couple days and don't want to let it go but can't stand things wrong with screens.

Does anyone know how long Nokia will take to get a replacement to me? I know they say within 30 days but that is a pretty broad time span. I am in the USA if that matters.

My final post here - Amazon quite nicely accepted the return (well they haven't actually confirmed receipt of it yet but I hope it will be uneventful) but they did next-day me a new unit, which was completely free of pixel issues, thank goodness. They charged me nothing for this exchange, as well. Again, I think this level of customer service has to do with Amazon needing the business - who says the recession is good for nothing?!?!

Mine is perfect. Hope that those with dead pixels get some satisfaction...

Mine got 3-4 dead pixels

Does anyone know if I send my phone into warranty if Nokia sends me a Brand New replacement, a Refurbished replacement, or they repair my original one?

Thanks

UPDATE: So I just called Nokia Care, and apparently they have to transfer my issue to the resolution team and then they'll call me back. It's weird that they don't allow me to initiate a warranty replacement right away.

Has anyone else experience this?

Last edited by raysacr; 2010-01-13 at 18:56.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Mississauga, ON
so far so good... finger crossed...

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Hafnia
Originally Posted by raysacr View Post
Mine got 3-4 dead pixels

Does anyone know if I send my phone into warranty if Nokia sends me a Brand New replacement, a Refurbished replacement, or they repair my original one?

Thanks

UPDATE: So I just called Nokia Care, and apparently they have to transfer my issue to the resolution team and then they'll call me back. It's weird that they don't allow me to initiate a warranty replacement right away.

Has anyone else experience this?
It has to be within 7 days if you want to return your N900 as DOA and get a new one, else they will just fik the one you got now if possible.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ France
A happy ending to my dead pixel story:

As stated in my previous post, I received a second phone which also had screen problems that manifested themselves in the form or several dead pixels making the dark screen look like the Milky Way.
When I called Nokia Care, they oriented me towards the nearest Nokia Care center which fortunately was very close by (in Lyon France). When I went there, the guy happen to have a spare N900 screen in stock and it took him a total of about 4 days to repair it.
After thorough inspection of the new screen, I'm happy to say that it has no dead pixels!
The only thing is that they did need to open it up and the screws, although not stripped, do show that the screen was accessed. The repair guy told me that he had no problem opening it up and replacing the screen but he did mention that it was difficult making sure there were no dust particles underneath the screen when he closed it up...

Best of luck for the others facing this issue.

-=AC=-

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Finally got it... Perfect screen here, no dead pixels, no dust, no light bleeding, no uneven lighting...

Tags
stop the pixel genocide!!, who is murdering pixels??