Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
Thanks Conny,

It's a nice app. I'm using it for a while now and i really like it. Love the new one window interface. And the portrait mode is really helpfull for reading long shoppinglists

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robbie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
I am a longtime Tomboy fan, and I was very happy to find this app--which keeps getting better and better. I easily synced it up with my laptop Tomboy notes. Thanks for all your work on this!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
I'm getting an error during syncing syncing

Error Message was:
json_get_note_list() returned NULL

Has this error gotten a fix? I'm having sync problems with Tomboy to Ubuntu One as well, so its hard to tell if the error is in Conboy or in Ubuntu One. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I've come to make a great deal of use syncing Tomboy <-> Ubuntu One <-> Conboy.
There are errors on both sides at the moment. Last weekend I wanted to fix some sync bugs in my code but couldn't do anything because there are currently problems on the Ubuntu One side as well

As you said, not even syncing Tomboy with Ubuntu One works properly at the moment. Have a look at the last two comments of this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone...rs/+bug/479417

Originally Posted by Pejman View Post
Great job Conny!
Thanks

Originally Posted by Pejman View Post
This is one of the most useful applications on N900.
The only thing I badly miss is the Categories (or “Notebooks”
as called in Tomboy)

Any plan to include that feature in one of future releases?

Thank and keep up the good work.
Itīs planned, but I havenīt yet prioritized upcoming features and bugfixes, so I donīt know yet when it will be available.

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by conny View Post
There are errors on both sides at the moment. Last weekend I wanted to fix some sync bugs in my code but couldn't do anything because there are currently problems on the Ubuntu One side as well

As you said, not even syncing Tomboy with Ubuntu One works properly at the moment. Have a look at the last two comments of this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntuone...rs/+bug/479417
Thanks for the reply. Good to know everything is being worked on. I guess I'll just have to be patient. Thanks again for the wonderful application.

Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
Thanks for the reply. Good to know everything is being worked on. I guess I'll just have to be patient. Thanks again for the wonderful application.
Yea, things are moving. Slowly, but moving. Anyways, it looks like another important Conboy related Ubuntu One bug was just fixed:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...nt/+bug/482372
Hopefully they get things working again before the weekend.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Missouri, USA
@conny:
Thanks for a great application. Simple and effective.
Here are some questions:
1. Where are the notes stored in the filesystem? Are the files in /home/user/.conboy the notes?
2. Is there a way to change the default location to somewhere under /home/user/MyDocs?
3. How would I go about synchronizing with Tomboy in my Ubuntu machine over ssh (or simply copying my notes back and forth)?
Thanks,

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by DojwqIO View Post
@conny:
Here are some questions:
1. Where are the notes stored in the filesystem? Are the files in /home/user/.conboy the notes?
See here: http://conboy.garage.maemo.org/

So yes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robbie For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the great app conny!

As a long time Tomboy user I'm really looking forward to syncing with my Ubuntu machine. Very slick and useful GUI, I love portrait mode for small notes and lists

Love it!

The Following User Says Thank You to borghal For This Useful Post:
2. Is there a way to change the default location to somewhere under /home/user/MyDocs?
No, thatīs currently not possible. You could manually move them and create a link from /home/user/.conboy. Why would you like to move them to MyDocs?

3. How would I go about synchronizing with Tomboy in my Ubuntu machine over ssh (or simply copying my notes back and forth)?
Thanks,
You can use scp or rsync+ssh to copy them over. Only copy the .note files, nothing else is needed. While copying Conboy should not run. Tomboy can run as long as you activate the filesystem watcher plugin.

But please be aware that a solution like this might cause problems because there is no conflict detection etc. You might copy older notes over new notes, etc... So only use it if you know what youīre doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post: