Active Topics

Poll: Are you experiencing the same problem?
Poll Options
Are you experiencing the same problem?

Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
could it be you guys have apps from extras devel and testing which are not fully compatible with the new firmware? i would suggest removing all apps/plugins which have not passed through extras testing. take note of all the apps you installed after the update (no doubt you've sucked the ovi store dry)
There's too many vairables to figure out what the problem is so just cut them out and put it back to known working apps. Even some apps that have passed through testing may need to be tweeked. there was nothing mentioned in the changelog about refresh rate on the gsm bands.
I've installed MSN (Haze) and it used to darin my battery, but less than now. After that I set up an state for the IM to stay offline in MSN. So the problem with MSN and my battery stopped. Now, my problem is the one I've said in the other post. My n900 is changing the Cell mode very often, and it gets disconnected to the Internet trying to reconnect very often too.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
@Moli_T
i'm not too sure but i think the user qwerty12 made an app/script for disabling stuff on the phone, i only glanced at it briefly so i'm not too sure. maybe someone else can tell you have to set it to use 3g only instead of flip automaticly to 2g etc.

I know it seems strange, but after the minor update my battery life seems to be increased

EDIT: Well, I read I'm not alone

My battery has increased after update, I use wifi, data, games, phone, sms, and fm transmitter when driving. Being in very rural area in Philippines I do have it set to GSM and dont use the 3G unless in an area that supports it, but I was using it same way before update, now I have 1/2 charge at end of day instead of 10 percent. And of course being a new phone I am still exploring so the screen is lit alot ( at 80%). And yes I have been through the initial several battery charge cycles to get a good charge.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sheepdog987 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by Sheepdog987 View Post
My battery has increased after update, I use wifi, data, games, phone, sms, and fm transmitter when driving. Being in very rural area in Philippines I do have it set to GSM and dont use the 3G unless in an area that supports it, but I was using it same way before update, now I have 1/2 charge at end of day instead of 10 percent. And of course being a new phone I am still exploring so the screen is lit alot ( at 80%). And yes I have been through the initial several battery charge cycles to get a good charge.
I share the same sentiments with you Sheepdog. My battery has increased as well after the the 42-11 update last night. I had my N900 94% charged this morning. I used the FM radio while riding the LRT, played a little SuperTux during work breaks, plenty of SMS and calls, an hour of wifi connection during lunch break and at 8pm, my battery level was already at 15%. Still pretty cool for me.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ the netherlands
Maybe we are judging a bit to soon, it's a day the update is out.
but I have the feeling it's increased. I think it's using far less when standby.
Anyone can messure the use while standby?

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I am happy for all those enjoying better battery life. I wish I was part of it as my n900 battery life has almost halved since the update. I hope the next big update fixes it. More important right now is the mobile data connection problem (packet data connection now has to be started manually after restart) which makes a mockery of the n900s ‘always on’ mantra

Last edited by Enyibinakata; 2010-01-13 at 13:49. Reason: typo

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
my battery life seems to have increased.
i have automated email checking at 5 minutes and would expect the battery level to be down to about 50% after about 5 hours. At the moment it has just only moved one notch on the indicator.

i'd say my battery life is better.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
my battery life seems to have increased.
i have automated email checking at 5 minutes and would expect the battery level to be down to about 50% after about 5 hours. At the moment it has just only moved one notch on the indicator.
i'd say my battery life is better.
Thats impressive. But have u been web browsing and using a bit of flash ?

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i cannot confirm this either.
though i have to admit i never used my device before the update.
when i first got my device 2 days ago, i turned it on, set up the wlan and the first thing i did was download and install the update.

but aside from that, when my device is idling, the cpu-usage-meter shows 1 bar (the bottom grey one) that propably indicated that the device is basically doing nothing.

2 days ago i went to sleep at 1 am in the morning when the battery-bar showed around 20% energy left.
i woke up at 12 o clock and to my surprise the device didnt turn off as i expected, but still showed around 10% or so battery left.