I cant install the update ? when I click update it says unsufficient memory ??

You really should look around a bit, I've seen 2 threads about this same exact question in the last 3 minutes.

Uninstall some apps and then reboot.

You need around 25 megs free on rootfs. (not that as of right now you know what that means).

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Try to disable devels and testing repos and try then.

YEP disabling devel repo's worked straight away... thank you

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
in my case a reboot helped me out
nothing uninstalled or disabled ^^

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Slovenia
Before reboot I had 17 MB free on rootfs, after 35 MB. I guess there is temporary stuff that gets cleared on reboot.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
There's currently a bug where temporary files from installing apps don't get cleaned up until a reboot. Other than that (which should be fixed in PR1.1), there shouldn't be much to clean up on reboot.

Is Nokia frigging joking?

I don't want to hack the f***ing Matrix to get a firmware update!

I'm pretty damn nerdy and it's now taken me about 20 minutes to even start to understand why I can't get this update. I cannot imagine what a novice might do.

I'm glad Nokia isn't Apple, but maybe they could learn SOMETHING from them! Like hey, when you've got 32 gb of storage available don't give your customers a bunch of "not enough memory in target location" errors; it tends to piss them off.

You can bet your bottom dollar that Android, OS 10 (or whatever they call the iPhone OS), WebOS, and Windows Mobile don't have this same ******ed problem! Get with the program Nokia. We aren't all Linux engineers. Just give us the updates and actually MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO INSTALL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever decided to allocate half a percent of the memory to what is apparently very important should be fired, his/her boss should be fired, and his/her boss should be slapped.

Last edited by Hirudin; 2010-01-11 at 22:06.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Have you been ignoring the blatant warnings and installing apps from extras-devel? If so, you've only yourself to blame for this issue.

Yes, I would like access to more than 15 apps, so I've ignored the warnings.

I also ignore the UAC warnings in Windows, but when Microsoft releases an update I don't get a bunch of BS about how my HDD is full.