Notices

I very much doubt copyright rules work like that. Since the copyright is filed in the country of origin and enforced by global copyright laws I don't think your country can just declare this game as "classic".

With that in mind I have reported the post and asked to have it taken down. Last thing we need is more situations like those that happened with the emulators.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
That's best practice. If in doubt, report it. The mods probably hate me.

My ignorance is hanging out, but isn't Poland in the EU? If so, i expect you have to abide by international copyright agreements like the rest of the developed world. I'm not entirely in favor of the current IP laws, but i don't promote breaking them on T.M.O...

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Poland !
<link to copyrighted materials removed> <<-- with explonation why this game files are legal now. Because They're officially turned off from sale and it become legal to share it as collectionners stuff.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2010-01-11 at 19:40. Reason: removing link to copyrighted materials

Originally Posted by VeR View Post
<link to copyrighted materials removed> <<-- with explonation why this game files are legal now. Because They're officially turned off from sale and it become legal to share it as collectionners stuff.
Sorry but I need to see something more than a random website to convince me. By your logic any game that is no longer being sold becomes classic and legal to share. I imagine the gaming companies would be extremely interested to hear that. Given that they rabidly protect ROMS that are well and truly older than WC II, I can only imagine that they would do the same for it.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2010-01-11 at 19:40. Reason: removing link to copyrighted materials

that is not "my logic" but logic of that website, that i've downloaded wcII files. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware ?? Maybe i'm wrong. Maybe this site is Illegal, but where is POLICE in that case .....

I don't need to read that to know what it is; it's the same thing all the "abandonware" websites say. There's a difference between something being legal and not getting sued for doing it.

Also, it's one thing to do that with software from companies that are no longer in business and were not acquired.

It's something completely different to do it with software from a company that is not only actively engaged in business, but has sued in the past to shut down clones of the exact program in question.

Stratagus came out of the Freecraft project after Blizzard threatened legal action.

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2010-01-11 at 19:41. Reason: removing link to copyrighted materials

that is not "my logic" but logic of that website, that i've downloaded wcII files. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware ?? Maybe i'm wrong. Maybe this site is Illegal, but where is POLICE in that case .....
Yes well - just because its on the interwebs on some site doesn't always make it true. As far as abandonware thats an entirely different category. Those are titles that have been abandoned by the publisher and acknowledged as such and given exemption from copyright laws. That is a far cry from not being able to buy the game in stores. Certainly the game is still very much available and in fact I recently saw it as part of a warcraft package deal in my local Walmart.

Let's leave it to moderators. Nobody really know is it legal, or not. I think that nobody would say anything bad about that i have putted those files on internet, but if this is most important thing on rules on talk.maemo.org, that everything must be 125% legal, so maybe that post with link should be erased. In other case, please enjoy my work and have fun playing WC II on N900.

Regards

Last edited by VeR; 2010-01-11 at 17:50.

I went ahead and reported the original post as well since you're just not getting it. I wish you wouldn't increase the work for moderators this way. People are very capable of using google to fulfill all their vices; there's no need to create legally questionable threads or debate them on T.M.O.

If it's grey, it doesn't go here.

Originally Posted by sph View Post
Where can I find the sources? Would like to alter some gfx and such.
you were saying something about google? Please count for me how many times someone was asking about the files.