Active Topics

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany / Mainz
so why not push the thanks button?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mason For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italy
I wonder if it is possible to emit a TA signal (RDS Traffic Announcement) when the telephone rings for an incoming call. (as well as the name of the contact to show on the radio display)

My car stereo pauses CD playback when it receives a TA signal (and I think this is the common behaviour), this way you could stop cd playback when there is an incoming call.

Thank you for this interesting thread,

L-

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to morusaka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland Vasa
Haw to say thanks for the Script app to boost FM Transmitter.
Tested it and now got perfect signal even 10m from the antenna

The Following User Says Thank You to Icee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Thank you. Working like a charm in bringing improvement to the fm transmitter.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kajko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
is there a newer app? and where is it??? lol this is all safe right????

so i assume this gain adjustment would need power. how has battery life been after gain adjustment? Also, whenever i used the default transmitter in the car, if i would keep my phone on the charger it would make the transmitter unusable, very staticky. I was wondering with this new app, is there less static if using fm-booster with car charger?

thanks
"Eventually, the Internet will be Google, but while they keep churning out the goodies, the actual change-over in ownership will probably pass us by. There are none so blind as those that will not see...." - Sebastian Anthony

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland Vasa
Originally Posted by goodfellabk718 View Post
so i assume this gain adjustment would need power. how has battery life been after gain adjustment? Also, whenever i used the default transmitter in the car, if i would keep my phone on the charger it would make the transmitter unusable, very staticky. I was wondering with this new app, is there less static if using fm-booster with car charger?

thanks
Haven't tried charge it with the new script. But when I have been using the charger in the car I just put so the phone is higher than charger cable. When I do it like that it works quite okay.

The Following User Says Thank You to Icee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Icee View Post
Haven't tried charge it with the new script. But when I have been using the charger in the car I just put so the phone is higher than charger cable. When I do it like that it works quite okay.
yeah, i would like the phone in a specific area on my dash but i may have to get one of those windshield suction cup holders to make it sit higher. thanks for the response.
"Eventually, the Internet will be Google, but while they keep churning out the goodies, the actual change-over in ownership will probably pass us by. There are none so blind as those that will not see...." - Sebastian Anthony

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
so i assume this gain adjustment would need power. how has battery life been after gain adjustment?
Radio like this involves very little power, so if the combination of chip and internal antenna are efficient I wouldn't expect a noticable difference. But you never know - good question.

Also, whenever i used the default transmitter in the car, if i would keep my phone on the charger it would make the transmitter unusable, very staticky. I was wondering with this new app, is there less static if using fm-booster with car charger?
That's due to a bug which turns the transmit power down a lot when the charger is plugged in. It may be fixed in the forthcoming firmware.

Meanwhile, the app may well fix it (NB: I haven't tried yet), even setting to the 'normal' transmit power of 112.

The Following User Says Thank You to jjx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Oh? How is it not illegal? I was skeptical at first but the material i read seemed fairly clear on it.
Well it may be illegal in the US but not in the UK for example.

The Following User Says Thank You to yorg For This Useful Post: