Notices

munky i'm with you on this one. epage can you maybe start a new threat with the steps to get sound working. i understand not including it due to some quirky behavior, but to have the ability to have sound notification and not be able to use it is just a killer. i think a new thread would be ideal so this one doesnt get junked with our questions for an advanced/unsupported function of dialcentral.Thanks for reading and monky if you figure it before me shoot me a message!

Epage 2 bugs to report,

1. The sorting feature for text messages appears to be broken in the newest release. If I sort be text/all nothing shows. Voicemail still works and all will show all messages.

2. The last fix you made to show my one contact indeed does work. I am able to bring up her contact info again. The 2 numbers that were causing the "Phonetype" error appears to be Home Fax and Work Fax. They now do not show any type of denomination, which is not a big deal, just letting you know!
Keep up the good work, looking forward someday to have thering one on the N810

*Edit 3 bugs
The notifier is only set up to notify on new sms, but still blinks on new voice mails. Not a biggy, just letting you know

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by mrdally204 View Post
1. The sorting feature for text messages appears to be broken in the newest release. If I sort be text/all nothing shows. Voicemail still works and all will show all messages.
Good catch, I just assumed I didn't have any Fixed in SVN.

2. The last fix you made to show my one contact indeed does work. I am able to bring up her contact info again. The 2 numbers that were causing the "Phonetype" error appears to be Home Fax and Work Fax. They now do not show any type of denomination, which is not a big deal, just letting you know!
If its fax types that have a blank phone type, unless there is a dissenting vote, I'm inclined to filter those phone numbers out instead. For now, filtered out in SVN

*Edit 3 bugs
The notifier is only set up to notify on new sms, but still blinks on new voice mails. Not a biggy, just letting you know
Nothing obvious is standing out to me right now. Mind filing a bug?

Please do not filter out the numbers. I have a few contacts with more than 1 work number and its my way of sorting which is which. I can deal with no denomination next to the number but do not filter the numbers out

The Following User Says Thank You to mrdally204 For This Useful Post:
Please do not filter out the numbers. I have a few contacts with more than 1 work number and its my way of sorting which is which. I can deal with no denomination next to the number but do not filter the numbers out
Ok, rolling back. I don't recommend 1.0.10-6 but 1.0.10-7

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
I changed up the layer styles a bit, I'm going to make the remaining icon sizes this week.

64 x 64 48 x 48
Sorry I've never gotten around to more feedback on this. I hesitated on starting to use the icons because of the border and sometime back I realized an issue with the border, it would look odd on desktop shortcuts

Do you mind providing a set without the border? And if you feel real generous, Quicknote could use a new icon (it got appropriate criticism over it)

I just updated to 1.0.10-8 and I can make an outgoing call now whereas before, I wasn't able to make any outgoing calls, but outgoing calls are still buggy. If I hang up the phone call and try to make another call, it dials but doesn't connect. I've had random luck if I close DialCentral and then reopen it.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by cheetos316 View Post
I just updated to 1.0.10-8 and I can make an outgoing call now whereas before, I wasn't able to make any outgoing calls, but outgoing calls are still buggy. If I hang up the phone call and try to make another call, it dials but doesn't connect. I've had random luck if I close DialCentral and then reopen it.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks!
First we need to do a bit of information gathering. n8x0 or n900? Connection type?

What types of calback numbers did you have before (Gizmo, cell, landline, etc)? What was the previous success rate for each kind? What was the success rate with google.com/voice and google.com/voice/m? When "it doesn't connect" is Dialcentral giving an error or is the connecting failing silently? Is there any kind of sign in your GV or phones call log that an attempt was made?

The above paragraph of questions again for the new release.

A tiny The One Ring update.

Thanks to my friend dbus-monitor, I was able to find the last of the bugs preventing making calls from within Empathy and I got other things working again within empathy. Next week I'll take another look at running on Maemo 5 to see what is still broken.

ps I love that all the server move stuff keeps losing what I've been doing on bugzilla. Why did I decide to do major bug fix releases for 3 pieces of software the same weekend as the move?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epage View Post
First we need to do a bit of information gathering. n8x0 or n900? Connection type?

What types of calback numbers did you have before (Gizmo, cell, landline, etc)? What was the previous success rate for each kind? What was the success rate with google.com/voice and google.com/voice/m? When "it doesn't connect" is Dialcentral giving an error or is the connecting failing silently? Is there any kind of sign in your GV or phones call log that an attempt was made?

The above paragraph of questions again for the new release.
I am using N810 with wifi. Callback to Gizmo. Previous success rate was 0. Not sure what the difference between google.com/voice and google.com/voice/m is. When it doesn't connect, no error messages show up. It dials, and then nothing happens. There is no sign in the history tab of DialCentral that the attempt was even made.

It seems pretty consistent that the first call outgoing upon opening DialCentral will go through. After hanging up, all subsequent calls will not go through. If I exit out of DialCentral and then reopen it, the first outgoing call will work and all subsequent calls again will not go through.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks again!