Active Topics

I am getting the cable to hack my lg vx8100 in a few days. I'm wondering if anybody has successfully paired the two yet.

nobody uses verizon???

Apparently not. My XV6600 doesnt work. I might try a Motorola E815 cause I can get them cheap on Ebay, but I may just go for a Toshiba Libretto instead.

I got it working just fine using. Here is how I did it.

Added the VCast service ($15 bucks flat a month) to my phone
I bought a data cable from futuredial
Downloaded and installed drivers for my phone
Downloaded qpst
Downloaded vxi32 (HEX Editor)
Used qpst to explore the phones structure
Copied NVM\NVM\nvm_data to my computer
Opened it with vxi32
Zeroed out the ".dun" in each address
Overwrote the file on the phone (using qpst)

This gets dial up networking via Bluetooth working.

Next setup a network connection (data) on your 770 with a dial up number of "#777" and no username/password.

Voila, works great.

I have not seen if there are going to be any data charges yet ... so, be careful (just because you can get the phone to work does not mean they cannot get you with that terms of service)

BTW, I have been using orb to stream all of the TV I recorded with SageTV over the Verizon network here in Dallas. Works great. Frame rate on the 770 could be better but it works all right. The trick is limiting your connection speed to 40 - 80. Otherwise, the 770 can’t handle the resolution. Having TV everywhere I can get a cell signal is freaking sweet!!!!

A moto e815 should work - I activated the dialup profile by typing in -> ##342587 (if you spell it out on the keypad it's DIALUP). you must key this in very fast to get to the menu. if you don't get to it on the first go, try again - can't hurt. I've been using the DIALUP profile with my HP 4700 -->e815 for mobile web over bluetooth untill my 770 gets here (if ever!!). Also, this same tactic will work on the Moto v710.

Last edited by matt_sparks; 2005-12-18 at 23:12.