Active Topics

Just received my N900 from Dell Marketplace, got a great discount about a month ago. Right out of the box, booted up without SIM card installed, received "Internal Error - Camera application" and the phone kept rebooting itself. Now I reboot, get a few of the flashing dots, then it just freezes.

I'm thinking I need to reflash the phone? Or is this a "return to Nokia" situation?

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Hm, try booting without SIM and yes, maybe you can reflash.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
Originally Posted by osfight.de View Post
Hm, try booting without SIM and yes, maybe you can reflash.
LOL, did you even read his post. thats what he did...booted without SIM.

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
erm send it back- if you can boot for abit there is a temp soloution for stopping your unit rebooting tho- but it has a downside , it will drain your battery faster

if i was you-(well actually i am u , this is what i am doing)- call nokia say you are gonna send back for a replacement- but flash it, do the fix and see how you get on- if you still wanna send it back there are aware you are going to.(i didnt flash my unit tho)

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
Check out this thread for ways to recover your device without having to reflash:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37420

See also this thread about why your device bricked.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37431

-Jeff

The Following User Says Thank You to jebba For This Useful Post:
In any case, _BEFORE_ you boot, you're supposed to charge it a little bit. Or at least put in in the charger, see that it charges, _then_ boot. Or else you may end up in empty-battery trouble.

I mean, why not read the manual?

Thanks for the tips, I'll see what I can do tonight once I get a chance to work on this. BTW, I gave the phone a full charge last night before attempting my first power on...

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
just use flasher to put your device to r&d mode and when you got your device running, use flasher to disable the r&d mode.

freezing @ dots is a bug that can be found at bugzilla and please look at my signature, there is a straight link.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Thanks for all of help. My problem is that I can't seem to even get to the point of having access to the phone, to be able to try anything out. After turning the phone on for the first time, and just going through the setup (lang,date,time,region), I can't get 5 sec. past the homescreen/desktop (I guess that's what it is, b/c I haven't been able to even seen anything else).

I power up the phone, Nokia screen/sound, pin request, desktop/homesreen, then reboot. Every time, same thing, over and over. With/without PIN . . . fully charged battery.

Am I missing something? This is out-of-the-box, and would hate to have to turn around and return it after waiting so long. Any ideas? Suggestions?

(Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I couldn't find it)