Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I'm holding my breath for 0.18 now for my N800, as it is looking to be the breakthough build. I've tried a couple of the 0.17testing builds on my N800, and it is definitely not ready on those devices

I was not able to get testing4 past the initial setup screen where it requires a username, as no virtual keyboard was functional.

Managed to get either testing1 or testing2 (can't remember which) running, but it was extremely and painfully slow. Looked really imprssive though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
I was not able to get testing4 past the initial setup screen where it requires a username, as no virtual keyboard was functional.
Yeah, I fixed that bug in 0.17testing6, which I'm building right now :P
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Yeah, I fixed that bug in 0.17testing6, which I'm building right now :P
Great - I'll keep my eyes open for the build and have a play later on.

On the n810 with 0.17testing4, I was able to get to the desktop, but I couldn't do much. It took more than ten seconds for any tap to accomplish anything. It took more than thirty seconds to launch apps (I lost patience). I wasn't able to get it to shut down so I had to take the battery out. So, looking forward to 0.18. :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
I realy hope Mer will be a nice replacement on the n800 and n810 and not only a new cool n900 os.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by miind View Post
I realy hope Mer will be a nice replacement on the n800 and n810 and not only a new cool n900 os.
There's an alternative desktop in the works. QMantle will be based on QTablet and it doesn't need hw acceleration. I'm not involved with development so don't ask me what's the status.

Originally Posted by miind View Post
From what I know, I would say don't worry. That was the original primary driving force. From the Mer stated goals, Mer is:

As much of Fremantle as we can get on the N8x0

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
From what I know, I would say don't worry. That was the original primary driving force. From the Mer stated goals, Mer is:
"As much of Fremantle as we can get..." was not the original primary driving force of Mer. You can check the history of the wiki page to see that. But (unfortunately, from my point of view) it is the current primary driving force.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:

Tags
daily use, mer, n810, readiness