I use MMS, not much thou, i use it only to send my parents a pic of my 2 lil ones every now and then as they do not have net or email.
So yes some people it will be useful but its not really a deal breaker that it hasnt got it.

Sorry, if you guys don't use MMS or don't receive MMS. If the news is true, then I'm very happy to see MMS is coming.

I receives email, MMS, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I don't want to MISS ANYTHING. Yes, even those forward chain MMS. Try telling a friend to email you the picture when they are used to MMS. That picture will never be emailed. No internet data plan will mean forget it.

It's just that much quicker to MMS 20 people a picture than going to email or facebook.

ALSO, there are people that don't use facebook or I DON'T want them on my facebook. Not to mention, I don't have spoiled little cousin or extravagant elderly or sibling or friends that would like to pay $10 for internet, unlimited SMS/MMS, unlimited minute, callertune, etc.

MMS is not the end of the world but it's still a very nice feature. I could careless about exchange or Ovimap. Ovimap work fine for me. I literally know every places in Chicago and nearby. I do my research before I travel too.There isn't much need for such stuff.

Everyone has different needs. Don't go assuming that you doing use a feature, then it's not important. I know that N900 won't have MMS and I figure it suppose to be a very powerful open-source device that soon someone will get MMS for me. In the meantime, I just ride it out and forward all my MMS to a friend phone to see it or turn on my old phone.

Last edited by jn183; 2010-01-02 at 18:00.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by JuhS View Post
What's the big deal with MMS? way back when it was first announced with big media coverage and praises. However it never got a big popularity among the mobile users.

Years have past and now there is the marvelous internet (flickr,facebook,email) Why not use these modern, technically advanced methods and stop wining about the past technologies?

I would concentrate the Maemo firmware update development focus to other areas that are more useful for the end user (Nokia Maps!)
Any articles or references to make your statement about mms even slightly beliavable?

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
Ill jump on the wagon, MMS is a nice to have where portrait media player, portrait text editor, portrait messaging as well as a properly working maps tool are need to haves.

I have only gotten "oh you cant get MMS on your phone" once and I replied, "just email it so i can get the full image and not some scaled down thing."

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
who cares about mms , we have email!!.

and to be honest i dont even care about potrait anything

its all about fixing the bugs, like the rebooting one, the stability ones, the power issues..

Originally Posted by Abemelek View Post
this might seem a dumb question but did you ship your phone to the one of the flagship stores?
no. i shipped it back to the telephone service provider i purchased it from.

i have been in contact with the norwegian branch of nokia though, and apparently if the issue is of such nature that they cannot fix the very device i sent back, i get to choose between a brand new device or money back. i'm pretty certain they will try to push a new one on me unless i take action, so i'll be all over them on monday.

stupid way of finding out what you really need is an ipod touch.

Last edited by koroviov; 2010-01-02 at 19:39.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
and grannys loves getting MMS
Stop being a cheapskate - buy your granny a Flickr enabled digital photoframe, problem solved.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki
MMS has always been an operator driven technology just to squeeze out money from their customers. The sooner we get rid of, the better. As it is already stated, real email is far better option over MMS.

The downside is that the operators actually have succeeded and people demand MMS today.

The Following User Says Thank You to moo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by moo View Post
MMS has always been an operator driven technology just to squeeze out money from their customers. The sooner we get rid of, the better. As it is already stated, real email is far better option over MMS.

The downside is that the operators actually have succeeded and people demand MMS today.
the sooner we get rid of narrow minded idiots who think their needs are the only ones to be catered, the better.

the downside is... wait... there is none.

Last edited by koroviov; 2010-01-02 at 19:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to koroviov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by koroviov View Post
idiots who think their needs are the only to be catered, the better.

the downside is... wait... there is none.
If all phones could handle email why MMS would be needed?

he downside is... wait... there is none.
My intention was not personal attack against anyone, but rather an argument that the invention of MMS in the first place was to make an easy option for operators to invoice extra.

Tags
kathy needs mms, mms are past tense, what is a tag