I believe their is an app in the works though from Skype which can be downloaded (when it's released) that will enable the phone to accept and make video calls. This is what I though the Skype app in the ovi and other repo's were referring too.

2d

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Is anyone else having issues using skype to "call out". It gives my the message ( incorrect address) when i attempt to call out, but strangely enough my friends can call me just fine. I am in Korea at present, and use my N900 with out a sim for now.

Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
Is anyone else having issues using skype to "call out". It gives my the message ( incorrect address) when i attempt to call out, but strangely enough my friends can call me just fine. I am in Korea at present, and use my N900 with out a sim for now.
You need yo put the + and lancode before you call their phones

The Following User Says Thank You to mannen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by mannen View Post
You need yo put the + and lancode before you call their phones
Thanks so much! It worked like a champ once I just put the little "+" sign in front of the numbers. If I had paid attention to the exact way the skype on my PC has them, I wouldnt have had this problem .

thanks for the "+" and i think i also needed to add "+1" to the number before skype could call... Now i just have to figure out how to send my number or google voice as the caller id for out going calls.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
thanks for the "+" and i think i also needed to add "+1" to the number before skype could call...
+1 is for the USA only, generally + followed by country code... could it be any simpler?

Hi,

I am having issue when i logged in skype through N900. Its logged in OK but when i try to call to a SKYPE id of my friend who is logged in using his PC, it says INCORRECT ADDRESS. Any idea why is it doing so? Secondly, they cant see me on online even though it shows online in N900.... Thanks

Originally Posted by newbieeee View Post
Hi,

I am having issue when i logged in skype through N900. Its logged in OK but when i try to call to a SKYPE id of my friend who is logged in using his PC, it says INCORRECT ADDRESS. Any idea why is it doing so? Secondly, they cant see me on online even though it shows online in N900.... Thanks
same question and how can i see my friends list in skype. i am online on skype but how to access the friend list so that i can call them.

Originally Posted by madserv View Post
same question and how can i see my friends list in skype. i am online on skype but how to access the friend list so that i can call them.
Just search for them in contacts