Active Topics

Originally Posted by inzimam View Post
I get a different issue,

When I send a text it will say delivered, but in the Conversations it will show a red triangle with white exclamation mark next to a contact which indicates the text failed. However, they do get the text.
I get the exact same thing, but not all the time. It has only happened with a couple of my contacts and not every text. Really odd, and I'm not 100% if all the texts are getting through.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
OK, I got it sorted. It was certainly something related to an App I installed from the develop catalog.... I reflashed + eMMC via the wiki guide and it's all working now.

I just bought the nokia n900 to replace a lost i-phone and all I can say is problems, problems, problems. Since yesterday I also cannot send a single sms to any phone. Any answers as to how to solve this, and why this happens? Nice job Nokia. I miss my i-phone!

Originally Posted by Doc_Raj View Post
I have a N900 and today, whenever I send an SMS (to ANYBODY), as soon as I click on SEND I get:

SMS Delivery Failure for XXX

this hapens pretty much as soon as I press SEND, suggesting somethings up with the SMS message centre settings on T-Mobile for the N900.
The weird thing is, that I haven't done anything with the settings, it just refuses to send SMS's to anybody. The Phone works fine, so does the Internet on 2G and 3G.

Any suggestions?
I have this exact same problem, I have performed the cat command listed above and my repositories are fine.

[EDIT]
I have also now noticed that when I got to the Application Manager it loads the screen but I get a blue banner stating 'Operation Failed'

Checking the log it states "apt-worker: cant truncate lock /var/lib/hildon-application-manager/apt-worker-lock: No space left on device."

Space where!?! Is this the RootFS space issue or is it on the device or MMC? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

JL

Last edited by Jayelzibub; 2010-05-04 at 12:20.

Actually, I managed to fix it.

Anyone else having this problem where text messages cant be sent and Application Manager doesn't work you are probably looking at RootFS issues.

See http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs_space for more info.

Cheers

JL

The Following User Says Thank You to Jayelzibub For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Planet Earth
oh man, rootfs is the first thing to look at when you start having crazy errors or bad behaviour in you n900. :-)

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
I just ran into this problem today!

-Text messages won't go through. It says delivery failed to anyone I text.
-Can't access anything in multi media player.
-Can't view images.

So weird. I can access the files via file manager though, and the whole phone works just fine.

So will the above advice fix it?

Thanks!