Active Topics

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Hello.

I've saved some cash to buy myself a Christmas present. I need something with mature OS, 3G, WiFi and QWERTY keyboard. First I was thinking about used n810 but it's too hard to find it in good condition for reasonable price here so I thought E63 would be a good choice for me (and I have dying n800 anyway).
E63 Reviews are pretty positive (fast, handy) but I wanted to check if there are any long term users in here that can tell me bout some hidden pros/contras of E63.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by wazd; 2009-12-27 at 23:19.

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
This Maemo forum is completely the wrong place for questions about non-Maemo devices, so don't expect good advice.

My girlfriend has one. Most people go for the E71, because of the added GPS. But she preferred the E63 because it has a very slightly larger keyboard which fit her hands better, and it felt slightly more solid (surprisingly). She loves it, but she doesn't use a lot of it's features, ie doesn't use web or email. The holding-space-turns-on-the-LED-torch is a nice feature of the E63.

The one thing I found really annoying is you can't set calendar alarms to go off 45 minutes before an appointment, which you can with older Nokia phones. The N900 suffers from the same silly restriction. :-/

Thanks for reply. Well, since it's an off-topic forum, I can expect an answer to any question :P

Well, bought it, prettu amazing small device. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!

Tags
e63