Active Topics

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Dubai
I can read Arabic SMS, I can read Arabic on the browser, also I can type Arabic on the on-screen keyboard, but I can't read Arabic emails!

I hope it'll be fixed someday.

Is that reasonable !!

Strange !

yes I confirm that. it happens only on nokia's email app. it dispays characters as "?"

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Could somebody please file a bug report in bugs.maemo.org and attach (as attachment file) a complete example email (including header)? Please remove any confidential data before doing so.
Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rashoodz View Post
I can read Arabic SMS, I can read Arabic on the browser, also I can type Arabic on the on-screen keyboard, but I can't read Arabic emails!

I hope it'll be fixed someday.
Hi Rashoodz, please tell me how you can read arabic sms with your N900. Did you install an application for that ?
I already installed ukeyboard.
I like to use virtual keyborad to write in arabic, is it possible ?
Thanks

about the e-mail u cant read arabic e-mail i wish u can send this bug so they fix it in next update

It might be an gconv issue. Try installing the more-gconv-modules package from diablo (it works on fremantle), and see if it helps.

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...10-2_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Could somebody please file a bug report in bugs.maemo.org and attach (as attachment file) a complete example email (including header)? Please remove any confidential data before doing so.
Thanks.
How can I do that?
You mean a screenshot from N900?

I already filed a Bug in the Bugzilla u can all help voting

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7701

thanx

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by xavi6 View Post
I already filed a Bug in the Bugzilla u can all help voting

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7701

thanx
I added more information about this bug one week ago!! Now after I updated my N900 to PR1.1, I start receive "?" again in some of my emails!! Moreover, the bug 7701 page looks wrong, I replied to that bug and they confirmed it, but I can not see these comments!!

What's going wrong?!