Posts: 17 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Gouda, Netherlands
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
If you can raise this question in another thread, I will be able to continue java discussion there...

I have thoughts to share on this matter. But not in this thread as it is MfE-specific.
Dear Vitaly,
I searched carefully and hope I selected the correct discussion to continue on Java.
Please find my post here.
Regards,
Jan-Paul

How can one debug MfE syncing problems? I've MfFe set to sync with Google Calendar and Google Contacts (but not Gmail). After the first full sync, I get "sync failed" errors (which, as Vitaly explains, may or may not happen, due to how Google implements the MfE protocol).

If I sync only Calendar, the sync succeeds; if I sync only Contacts (or Contacts and Calendar), sync fails. My hope is that I can narrow down the Contacts sync problem to specific elements in my address book, and then I'll edit those entries. Is there any way to get MfE to log sync errors somewhere? I've already installed syslogkd, but I can't find MfE logs either under /var/log or under /home/user .

Originally Posted by Nitchers View Post
+ 1 .
I did succeed in a first syncro with Google Mail+Calendar, but any following syncro was impossible! I always keep receiving a "Exchange Server is not responding" message!
Sergio

Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post

But remember - only 1 account of type mfe can be configufred in the system. If you have one account configured already, mfe will not be listed in the list of account types.
Why there's the limit of just 1 -only 1- MfE account? In true life many people need to be aligned with more then one MfE server (businness, Customers, Clubs,...).
Sergio
Italy

Originally Posted by retric View Post
I have a strange issue regarding the mail for exchange on my new n900.
I have searched around but could not find anything on this topic.

I set up the mail for exchange account. It looks okay, but when i start up the initial syncronisation it almost finishes the first step. And the it just stops there. No error message or any thing..

The exchange server does not give me any error ether.
In the list of mobile devices on the exchange server it says last sync ok.

The strange thing is that all my calendar items and contacts are after some minutes sync´ed to my n900. So it looks like everything is working but the wizard is not finishing.

I have a nokia e75, e66, e52 and a htc running windows mobile and all these are working fine.
I´m using exchange server 2007.

Anyone else experience this issue or have a work around?
I had the same problem, trying to sync N900 Calendar with Google Calendars (not mail!)
I solved the situation, so the wizard finishes ok, only after deleting all items in my N900 calendar... and the first sync was OK
Happy? NO!
Because any other "sync" I've tried after did not succeed anyway (may be only one, but I tried many tens times!). So I'm going to cancel my MfE syncro definition, waiting for sw update from Nokia... :-(
Anyway I've seen in this forum (and others) that someone has been so lucky to succeed in syncronize Google Calendar, and to keep syncronizations active.
Sergio

Sergio

Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Really? My impressions are different here. I know many people who have ditched symbian phones because of lack of multiple calendar support. I always though nobody wants his or her private appointments mixed with business appointments...
+1

Sergio
Italy

Originally Posted by floffe View Post
1. Have you checked the username, password and server again? Does the server accept SMTP?

3 seems to be a known issue with Hotmail not letting users access folders over POP3. Try it in another mail client to try make sure that's the issue, then contact Microsoft with your complaint. IMAP would of course be preferable.

1- the username and pass is correct so it can receive the messages but can't send , how can I know if the server accept SMTP ?

3- I'll try with another mail client

Originally Posted by abu9al7 View Post
1- the username and pass is correct so it can receive the messages but can't send , how can I know if the server accept SMTP ?

3- I'll try with another mail client
The best answer to (1) is the answer you gave to (3).

Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
The best answer to (1) is the answer you gave to (3).
I don't think so

The other mail client I meant in my past replay is like gmail or any free mail client ,, but the question (1) is talk about non-free mail client . so I can't just try another one .

Originally Posted by abu9al7 View Post
I don't think so

The other mail client I meant in my past replay is like gmail or any free mail client ,, but the question (1) is talk about non-free mail client . so I can't just try another one .
What I meant is, try e.g. Thunderbird on your PC. If you can connect to Hotmail with POP and SMTP, then you can try to reprlicate the same settings on the n900. But make sure both devices are conncted to the net the same way for this test to be valid.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!