Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by shenbs View Post
A man has always been driving a Toyota Camry and is quite content with it. One day he received a BMW. He fiddled with it for 5 min. and couldn't find the key hole to start the car. He gave up : " What a piece of ****! Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with my Camry."
shenbs:

It's worse than that. He's gone and pimped his Camry; lowered it and put a big plastic spoiler on the back, put a big chrome muffler on it so it sounds great when you rev the engine, and those neon lights under the car, too.

So when he gets his BMW given to him (oh I dunno, maybe a black 335i or something), it just doesn't look very special, and he doesn't even take the time to try very hard to find that keyhole.

Last edited by qole; 2009-12-17 at 08:19.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Those remarks speak to a persistent delusion on your part. There is nothing at all wrong with the "general attitude" of this forum.

In fact this forum was on a nice keel before you and a handful of others dropped in.

When one person says things don't work, and another says they do, that isn't a slam on one from the other. It isn't arrogance. It isn't geeky, and it most certainly isn't idiotic.

Those are naive, sophomoric assessments of what's going on.

What the difference in experiences actually speaks to is the complexity of troubleshooting (I'm omitting the matter of expectations because it's too subjective). It reflects the reality that there are likely far too many variables for chat forum detective work to adequately handle-- especially when the complainant acts as you choose to.

But instead of considering that reality, you and a few other malcontents prefer ranting at anyone who dares be satisfied with their personal experience-- while hypocritically lauding only those who have similar issues as yourself.

No one is arbitrarily dismissing the unfortunate aspects of your experience-- but many are rightfully castigating you over your snide, sarcastic, hateful, tantrum-throwing approach to problem resolution. You have demonstrated in post after post that you have absolutely no interest in constructive criticism or anything remotely resembling product improvement.

You are here to groan, gripe and flame. That is all you do.

Grow up a little, and you just might see the responses to your issues change. But you seem to be comfortable in the sociopathic approach so I'm sure this post is just a piss in the wind. I don't believe you are capable of seeing yourself.
Let's stop with the psycho babble. You talk/write too much. You should've paid attention is writing 101 where they teach you that using unnecessary words to make yourself sound smarter is actually an offense to the reader and considered rude in general.

All your posts are in a thread where people express their disappointment with the device. You are trolling and providing nothing useful to the discussion. It's that simple. If you are happy with the device, I suggest you stay out of threads such as this one.

In terms of improving the device, unless you work for Nokia I doubt you have anything to contribute. All these problems are with the built in apps which would require new firmware etc etc. Let's stop pretending like anybody here fixed any of these problems so far. Fixes will come in the next update, hopefully.

I suggest you make your own threads where you express your amazement with the N900 when you have some downtime from programming unit converters, game boy emulators and personal data plan widgets. Until then, this remains a thread where YOU are arguing with people who are not happy with the device....like all other negative threads on this forum where people are immediately labeled trolls/whiners etc.

You should grow up a little and understand this: not everyone is a Linux dork/junkie with a neck beard. Some of us actually are not aspiring to be one either. However, when you pay 600$ for a device, that gives you the right to complain as much as you please if said device is broken. I will exercise that right until the device is fixed, or I get tired dealing with people who enjoy using stagnating products that after 4 iterations are still getting nowhere.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Enough. Nothing productive is coming from this, and it's clear that's intentional. Thread closed.

Closed Thread