Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
The ir sensor does work by enabling internal lirc

Code:
/etc/init.d/lirc start
This needs to be done as root.

The problem comes when trying to download already working remotes as they use the irtrans backend which is not supported yet. You can build your own remote specifying the internal lirc as source but it is a little hit and miss with the model types. I have successfully changed channels and turned off mky Sony Bravia 32500s model. I am just trying to fine tune it into working with all the buttons as I cannot find a way to incorporate buttons from different models which work.
Have you used a model other than yours because yours wasn't listed?
I have an Insignia TV and there is only one of them listed which is not mine but then again the interface is a bit awkward...

I'll have to figure out how to link buttons to a d/led remote's actions... or bruteforce my "codes".

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
QTirreco works nearly perfect. Have got a fully functional sky+ remote. Its in app manager not sure which repository. Looks better as well but not alot of pre remotes so u have to build your own which is easy enough.

QTirreco works nearly perfect. Have got a fully functional sky+ remote. Its in app manager not sure which repository. Looks better as well but not alot of pre remotes so u have to build your own which is easy enough.
Problem isn't so much building the remote interface / link to command but to get those command for the right TV in the first place...

I'm trying to setup lirc on an older laptop with a proper IR port to figure out how to record the whole of my remote to port it to the n900 and then u/l it!

( TV is an Insignia NS-PDP50HD-09 )

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/user/IrrecoTe.../1/SqCW-DXdu2Q
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to...uring_lirc_sir

Good guides to get it going (create your own remote)

Last edited by R-R; 2009-12-16 at 23:22.

QTirreco works nearly perfect.
If that's the case I'd suggest swift transition to QT for everyone and to forget old irreco.

Originally Posted by R-R View Post
I'm trying to setup lirc on an older laptop with a proper IR port to figure out how to record the whole of my remote to port it to the n900 and then u/l it!
If you succeed consider sending that config also to lirc project. Email to lirc@bartelmus.de with device name and model.
That's where irreco stole configs in the first place.

harriva

I just uploaded irreco 0.8.10 to builder and it should find it's way to repository any moment now.

This version should fix socket opening thing.

On a side note I didn't test this version at all. Let the end users be my test subjects.

harriva

The Following User Says Thank You to harriva For This Useful Post:
The strange thing is it seems what is record is not always the same numbers on the screen, and not the same thing that is sent back from the n900 after either (and neither the same length).

I'll have to give it a second try soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
0.8.11 version is out and maybe "cant open socket" is finally fixed.

Originally Posted by R-R View Post
The strange thing is it seems what is record is not always the same numbers on the screen, and not the same thing that is sent back from the n900 after either (and neither the same length).

I'll have to give it a second try soon!
Very long codes are cut at some point somewhere. I've tried using strace to solve issue but it seemed like everything went fine with irreco and I didn't have time to learn how to hack into driver and see if everything is fine there. You can try QTirreco.
Trying to record new codes sucks big times. Took numerous tries to get certain remotes recorded.

harriva

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Eugene, Or
Any idea on when a remote control app will make it out of testing?

where to download the irreco thanx

Originally Posted by smolomiami View Post
where to download the irreco thanx
You have to open up extra-devel

Tags
infrared, irreco, n900, n900 ir, remote control