Notices

Originally Posted by shadowztaff View Post
ok so for awhile i had my knots server up and running fine. i had recently reinstalled my os(ultimate 2.4 now).

it was working fine til i tried to setup the ssl u/n and pass. since that time, when i put in ./knots.rb it takes a few seconds and displays .............++++++++++ on two lines.

now it states in firefox "Unable to connect, Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:1978. "

i feel really dumb as i have set this up many times. im stumped on this loop though...any help would be appreciated

EDIT: after initiating the command it says this:
The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
Are you using https://localhost:1978 as the address? With SSL you need add the s to http. Note that the client doesn't work with SSL enabled server, so you need to set SSL back to 0 and restart the server to use the client. And Firefox is pretty strict with self signed SSL certificates, so you need to remove the certificate from Firefox's preferences every time you restart the server because it autogenerates the certificate on startup.

Last edited by ukki; 2009-11-25 at 16:57.

im having smilar problem, http://localhost:1978/ gives blank page on windows machine, server installed on same machine. i can browse with client but there is no media as i can;t set it up

Hmm, odd. Just did "git pull" on Windows and started the server. Everything worked normally. Can you delete the .config directory and then run a command:

Code:
ruby\bin\ruby.exe scripts\setup devel 1 Developer
and restart the server and paste possible errors.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
I had the same problems, but i found out that the knots folder was not installed to c:\. In Settings i did not see Full path to FFmpeg,Full path to VLC, or Full path to curl. They where blank. I copyed the whole knots folder to c:\ and it worked.

The Following User Says Thank You to OptX For This Useful Post:
This is a stunning piece of work and is running fabulously for me (on Windows 7 / N900) apart from one small thing: When I hit the stop button on the client (N900) whilst playing a video, FFMpeg throws up this error on the server:
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).
and everything hangs for a while.
No problems when the video finishes normally.

Google didn't turn up anything helpful.
Any ideas?

WS

The Following User Says Thank You to weymouthstan For This Useful Post:
is it possible to access to this over the internet?
I wish it was able to stream live tv from tv card too

yes and yes. See the wiki page for some basic advices that should get you up and running or if this info isn't enough visit the #knots channel on freenode.

The Following User Says Thank You to mtron For This Useful Post:
This software has a warped sense of humor. It only worked AFTER I emailed the developer... Who, incidentally, was very helpful. It was something stupid I may have done, nothing wrong with the software.

I'm now streaming video to my N900 from my mac.

This is the kind of software I don't mind paying for. You take donations?

Thank you again, Dev.

The Following User Says Thank You to That One Guy For This Useful Post:
yep, it is an amazing piece of software and i am able to stream all my Sagetv recordings and movies. only if 3g network is fast enough to stream i will be in heaven. this software just works. thanks ukki.

The Following User Says Thank You to cenwesi For This Useful Post:
you can create low bitrate profile to stream over 3g. something like 384kbps should do.

Tags
knots, music, streaming, video