Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Actually I have repeatedly said there are issues with the phone. I however aam overall very happy with the N900 and have even taken steps to port apps etc thus giving back to the community.

You on the other hand have literally done NOTHING but whine/moan and complain about missing features - how we are all fanboys etc.

Anyway I am done feeding the troll. You are a sad sad little man who fails to grasp why people find you so effing annoying - and I think that may be the saddest thing of all.
Let me know when those steps are available for download and are not missing features left and right. Until then take your own advice and stop trolling threads of people who do not like the device. Just like you said, you are perfectly happy so stop spamming all these threads.

Also, this is a discussion board. Last time I checked contributions were made via an app store which btw, is still "coming soon" for the N900. I will be keeping my eyes open for your contributions.

Here are my contributions so far:

- Exposing how crappy the browser gets if you dare to play music at the same time on this "mobile computer"
- Showing how broken the RSS reader is

These are all factors that come into play when people decide to buy this device. You stick to preaching your BS about how great this phone is in 2 months when the next update comes out and it fixes 10% of the issues that exist.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Lets the war begin!!!
My people, son and daughter of maemo 5 users. This much Iva. The history of this day will be written in blood, by crushing the army of our enemy, by seizing the weapons they thought to turn against us. We were fighting for our very own existance, but if thou those who denied us peace, refused us our rightful place in the internet then we will release such terrible vengeance that generation yet unborn will cry out in anguish.

--
Listen to this bullshiit makes me wanna break something..

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
I read the first page and the last page of this thread and generally got the jist of it lol was amusing....

I almost went down the iPhone route. To be quite frank got bored of the bs I was being fed by Nokia about deliveries, cancelled orders (twice), now can't use it with my 3 sim (altho was told when I ordered it that it would work on any network) etc.

Anyway the n900 arrived, and the 1st 2 days experienced utter disappointment to be honest. Apps don't have the functionality as per previous n series phones, lots of the functionality has been turned off due to poor battery life, and certain steps/processes just annoy the pants off of me.

Then I started to become impressed with it the more i am using it. The keys are too small and I find texting hard, but the other problems are just annoyances and don't actually detract from use.

Compared to the iPhone which is actually very dumb (I have an iTouch so very familiar with its processes), its not very flexible nor very intelligent, the n900 excels at my hotmail email use (easy access and quick response), browser (a few glitches) and general use. Its fast, powerful and not once frozen or fallen over.

I believe Nokia should have done better at first release, but its stable and these things will hopefully be sorted quickly. Apps aren't that impressive but again some effort should be expended in improving this area.

All in all I have a laptop in my pocket. Something an iPhone really isn't.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
This thread should be locked, seriously.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
lol is all i can say right now lol.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post

--
Listen to this bullshiit makes me wanna break something..
Funny, I have the exact same reaction to your inane fanboi posts.

Originally Posted by kopte3 View Post
This thread should be locked, seriously.
Please don't. I feel like a spectator at the colosseum reading these threads: people going at each other's throats for no particular reason (actually, gladiators had very good reasons, but that's another story).
Too bad there's nobody to give a thumbs down so we can watch the killing blows. "FINISH HIM!" (sorry for the caps, just wanted to make it more realistic) would do nicely too!

Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
Let me know when those steps are available for download and are not missing features left and right. Until then take your own advice and stop trolling threads of people who do not like the device. Just like you said, you are perfectly happy so stop spamming all these threads.

Also, this is a discussion board. Last time I checked contributions were made via an app store which btw, is still "coming soon" for the N900. I will be keeping my eyes open for your contributions.

Here are my contributions so far:

- Exposing how crappy the browser gets if you dare to play music at the same time on this "mobile computer"
- Showing how broken the RSS reader is

These are all factors that come into play when people decide to buy this device. You stick to preaching your BS about how great this phone is in 2 months when the next update comes out and it fixes 10% of the issues that exist.
Actually most of the contributions to this device will NOT be via the OVI store - but rather the repos hosted by maemo.org - something you would be aware of if you weren't a total putz. Already the repos contain some amazing software, and yes even my ports.

But hey - lets not let the facts get in the way of you crapping on. Wipe your chin - you are dribbling.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

lol lol lol

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Actually most of the contributions to this device will NOT be via the OVI store - but rather the respos hosted by maemo.org - something you would be aware of if you weren't a total putz. Already the repos contain some amazing software, and yes even my ports.

But hey - lets not let the facts get in the way of you crapping on. Wipe your chin - you are dribbling.
Let's start by you listing your ports. Let's start by listing one that is not in any sort of beta stage, half complete or generally crappy.

Let's start with 1 game that's actually fun to play on this device.

I will post one: http://toucharcade.com/2009/09/16/me...ting-goodness/

Perhaps there is a reason why linux in general is still in the gutter? Perhaps there is a reason a fully featured device takes off in 2 years and Nokia tablets crash and burn? Hey, what do I know, I am sure people will go crazy over some msn plugin that sort of works years later

So what is there worth installing in the repos as of today that is not in beta, alpha or any other testing stage?

Closed Thread