Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by ddracopo View Post
Was the letter from the insurance co itself? How do you cancel, does it have a phone number to call or via MPD? I have not received any letter yet, though I got the handset last Friday.
Was from MPD - didn't read it properly - but think it had some info on it
Will double check when i get home

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Was from MPD - didn't read it properly - but think it had some info on it
Will double check when i get home
It was from MPD, yes, I had one this morning as well. I didn't read it properly either. later- when I've more time to do it properly.

I ordered last night, and my order status has just changed to "Pending stock" - wish they had told me they had no stock before accepting my order, especially seeing as the site said it would be delivered on tuesday

I think it is standard for orders to go through a 'pending stock' status phase as mine did too but is now on its way. By the sound of previous posts, they allocate your order to a store to box up and post, so 'pending stock' means pre-store-allocation.

Either that or they have stock coming in regularly, else they wouldn't have fulfilled my order. So I wouldn't worry. Oh yeah and don't forget it still says to allow 5 days for the N900 on the website (even though they still say next day delivery which is obviously wrong - its next day from despatch not from ordering).

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
why do I get red x's on the pictures on all my emails? I know it's off topic but I can easily hide my stupidity in here as the pages move along so quickly. Plus noobmonkey hangs out in here.

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

The Following User Says Thank You to thiswayup For This Useful Post:
I ordered my n900 last wednesday. On friday the status changed from pending stock to ready for dispatch, been on that ever since. I'm guessing the weekend would have slowed things up but would have liked to have seen the phone sent out today but I don't feel confident. Not heard anything from vodafone either but maybe thats normal.

Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
why do I get red x's on the pictures on all my emails? I know it's off topic but I can easily hide my stupidity in here as the pages move along so quickly. Plus noobmonkey hangs out in here.
Lol

Same as outlook doesnt download the pictures for safety reasons.

I can't see an option to download them other then on most junk mails i get, they have a visit the newsletter online and a link.

Just double checking as i type ..... Ahaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Click the little picture that looks like a lanscape mode with a 3/4 clock on it - took a few seconds, then the pictures turned up!

W0000p!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Managed to get someone on the phone, they told me they were unsure of what to do but to try sending 2 other types of ID so I've done that, now... it's the waiting game

@stinger16

Mine was the same until earlier today I got e-mail saying despatched and status changed to complete. I ordered on Thursday so apologies I beat you to it.

Their system doesn't quite ensure that first come are first served because they send out from stores (not a central location like the lady in Southampton MPD said). So if you get allocated to a slow store you end up waiting longer.

Try checking with the online chat thing (maybe try tomorrow morning), but once you get the e-mail it should be plain sailing. People who preordered were getting deliveries before status updates or e-mails, but I think that was because they were concentrating on getting them out rather than updating stuff online (or some stores are quicker at this than others).

The Following User Says Thank You to thechosenmonkey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thechosenmonkey View Post
People who preordered were getting deliveries before status updates or e-mails, but I think that was because they were concentrating on getting them out rather than updating stuff online (or some stores are quicker at this than others).
Yup, that be true....

I got my device when it was ready for despatch, took a whole week to change to complete.
I've learnt to not trust updates when people are in a hurry - i think they have done almost the right thing by just getting on and sending out the devices, instead of fiddling with ordering systems.