Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Note to all the new update for Camera has the ability to record but it records to a unrecognise format.... I am going to try and transfer it to my system and see if I can play it there

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by SeRi@lDiE View Post
Note to all the new update for Camera has the ability to record but it records to a unrecognise format.... I am going to try and transfer it to my system and see if I can play it there
Are you saying we can record video, if so how (I could not find any record option)? I have version 2.1 .

Like I said is a new version... go to maemo.org garage and you will see the new update there...

The Following User Says Thank You to SeRi@lDiE For This Useful Post:
Ok I just play the video in my friends laptop FC6 and it plays like crap... the whole video is out of sync.. Nice try though for the first attempt!

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Ok I just play the video in my friends laptop FC6 and it plays like crap... the whole video is out of sync.. Nice try though for the first attempt!

They play quite well in the apps own player... The whole recorder routine seems much smoother than the still capture. Quicker response too.

From the file manager they invoke the "media player" which reports "codec not found" or some such.

What was the codec used by the lappy? I'm thinkin' "3gp".

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Yes out of sync. I was able to play it in the camera application but not with the media player nor mplayer. It seems to have some promise.

File is an h263 16 bit integer (little endian) highly compressed file. Looks like crap in low light.

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
ITU H.26n

I play the file with VLC

Last edited by SeRi@lDiE; 2007-03-31 at 02:43.

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
They play quite well in the apps own player... The whole recorder routine seems much smoother than the still capture. Quicker response too.

From the file manager they invoke the "media player" which reports "codec not found" or some such.

I agree it plays fine there but if I am recording a video I dont want to just have it in my N800 I want to share that video arround... aint that the idea?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
From my experience with tweaking K750/W800 camera phone on the Esato forum I can tell you, there is no point in having a video recording feature, as nice as it sounds the camera technology Nokia chose for the N800 just CANNOT even compare with a rubbish 1.2 mp mobile camera.

I'm very baffled as to why they chose a low quality camera, if they wacked on at least a 1.2 MP or 2MP with autofocus that with highly improve the package and shouldn't increase the RRP.

Also the camera is positioned in an akward position, anyone who is a webcammer knows the middle is usually the best position and also have it "mirrored" so people dont see you the wrong way round.