Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
I am on the cusp of returning my Nokia N900. I have tried setting up Mail for exchange to sync with my work 2007 exchange server with no luck. I use the same settings that have been successful on my E series phones and iPhone. I get to the first sync page and when sync is started the progress box fills up to one fifth and then stops. No error messages. My IT guys are stumped. Anyone with suggestions? I am using T mobile Internet with a plan that works on my other devices.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Annapolis, MD, USA
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
I am on the cusp of returning my Nokia N900. I have tried setting up Mail for exchange to sync with my work 2007 exchange server with no luck. I use the same settings that have been successful on my E series phones and iPhone. I get to the first sync page and when sync is started the progress box fills up to one fifth and then stops. No error messages. My IT guys are stumped. Anyone with suggestions? I am using T mobile Internet with a plan that works on my other devices.
Something stupid by I had some Exchange issues with MfE on my N97 (or maybe it was on my Android G1, I can't recall) when my company upgraded from Exchange 2003 to 2007. I had to change my user from domain\userid to fully.qualified.domain.com\userid and the URL from webmail.company.com to webmail.company.com/OWA/my_email@company.com

Originally Posted by rjzak View Post
Something stupid by I had some Exchange issues with MfE on my N97 (or maybe it was on my Android G1, I can't recall) when my company upgraded from Exchange 2003 to 2007. I had to change my user from domain\userid to fully.qualified.domain.com\userid and the URL from webmail.company.com to webmail.company.com/OWA/my_email@company.com
Thank you for your response. I still don't understand why Nokia E71 and E51 sync without problem and I can not
get initial sync on N900

Thank you for your response. I still don't understand why Nokia E71 and E51 sync without problem and I can not
get initial sync on N900
Sadly, because Nokia was in a rush to get the N900 out the door.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Thank you for your response. I still don't understand why Nokia E71 and E51 sync without problem and I can not get initial sync on N900
The E71 and E51 use a totally different software stack from the N900, so there's no connection between them working and the N900 not. They're also provisionable devices, whereas the N900 isn't, so if your Exchange admins have not allowed non-provisionable devices then it won't connect.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by HugoSon View Post
MfE does not send out my eMails
Actually - can someone confirm this problem? Or am I the only idiot synchronizing manually trying to get out eMails written on the N900?

Last edited by HugoSon; 2009-12-09 at 16:08. Reason: closing quote tag missed

My workplace is open to all devices. I am in US where E51 is unheard off, yet it worked well with my current server. So the issue is not the phone.

My workplace is open to all devices. I am in US where E51 is unheard off, yet it worked well with my current server. So the issue is not the phone.
Ask your IT manager if the Exchange Server requires the devices to be "Provisionable". If yes, ask if this requirement may be removed from your account.

The Following User Says Thank You to rjzak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DeRRudi View Post
Yes, but that still does not solve any problems people might have with syncing contacts and calendar.
People have reported success on contacts and calendar using M4E. and then use Nokia messaging for gmail.

or you can try NUEVAsync, again people have reported success

http://www.nuevasync.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!