Active Topics

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
Originally Posted by in-maemo View Post
I have it set up to poll every 30 minutes during peak time and did it far more often during testing. No problems at all.

The problem with "Exchange server not responding" is due to email. You cannot synchronize gmail via MfE (Mail for Exchange). You need to set up a separate gmail imap account. Disable that and contact/calendar sync will work correctly.
Ok, heres my problem; google calendar wont sync at all. at first sync i had no entries in my googl calendar so didnt exxpect anything. my email was syncd as were my contacts seemingly without problems.

i then added some entries to google calendar. unchecked the box for email and now i get "exchange server not responding"

I have the seperate imap set up for my gmail which works, but i really want the calendar sync to work so that the entries show up on my n900 calendar... any suggestions?

Originally Posted by DannStarr View Post
i then added some entries to google calendar. unchecked the box for email and now i get "exchange server not responding"
Hi, we've done some work to make our service compatible with the N900 and at this point I think it works quite well (sadly we don't yet have an actual N900 to test with). I'm also interested to know if the N900 can do multiple calendar sync like the iPhone. We have code that merges all the user's (selected) multiple calendars for devices that don't support multical. Currently the N900 is treated as a single calendar device by our code. I we can confirm that it does do multical (the search for the answer to this question was the reason I found this thread btw), then we'll change the device type in our service.

Register for a free acct at www.nuevasync.com (use the free trial option to enable email and tasks sync testing). Please send reports of any problems to our forum (I may not see replies here quickly), or via our support system.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dboreham For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dboreham View Post
Hi, we've done some work to make our service compatible with the N900 and at this point I think it works quite well (sadly we don't yet have an actual N900 to test with). I'm also interested to know if the N900 can do multiple calendar sync like the iPhone. We have code that merges all the user's (selected) multiple calendars for devices that don't support multical. Currently the N900 is treated as a single calendar device by our code. I we can confirm that it does do multical (the search for the answer to this question was the reason I found this thread btw), then we'll change the device type in our service.

Register for a free acct at www.nuevasync.com (use the free trial option to enable email and tasks sync testing). Please send reports of any problems to our forum (I may not see replies here quickly), or via our support system.
Signing up for the free trial now If it works as well as I hope, I will easily pay the fee once the trial is over

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by dboreham View Post
Hi, we've done some work to make our service compatible with the N900 and at this point I think it works quite well (sadly we don't yet have an actual N900 to test with). I'm also interested to know if the N900 can do multiple calendar sync like the iPhone.

I just setup a free account (username cddiede) and tried to snc one google calendar only. All I get is a message that reads"Exchange Server Error"

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
I just setup a free account (username cddiede) and tried to snc one google calendar only. All I get is a message that reads"Exchange Server Error"
Okay, I just tried again over Wi-fi and it worked this time!

I had the same problem. " Exchange server not responding " when i tried to export my N900 contacts to my Gmail account and also when in the other way.
So i've tried with Nuevasync but it seems to retrieve my contacts from my Gmail account only and not from my N900 to my Gmail account.

Originally Posted by Ekimoze View Post
I had the same problem. " Exchange server not responding " when i tried to export my N900 contacts to my Gmail account and also when in the other way.
So i've tried with Nuevasync but it seems to retrieve my contacts from my Gmail account only and not from my N900 to my Gmail account.
Did you sign up for a NuevaSync Premium account? I'm not sure, but the free account may only be good for one way sync for contacts...

Thanks for your help but I've tried with the 3 days trial so I think it's useless to pay for premium, it's the same, it wont works

With Gmail and Mail For Exchange, sometimes it works but since yesterday, nothing.
Always "Exchange server not responding" even if I only activate contacts sync ( no mail, no calendar )

Edit : Just had to try again several times and now it's working with nuevasync but some contacts details are missing (msn) but it's ok ! thx !

Last edited by Ekimoze; 2009-12-06 at 23:22.

Hey dboreham

I signed op for a free account, just now and it worked like a charm! Not only is my Google calendar events showing up, but also the other calendar events, like my schools and friends! Greet Work!

"Exchange server not responding" issue happens when you try to sync a calendar in your n900 with google that was previously synced with anything else. (other mobile, exchange, pc suite, etc) For example I imported my contacts (so not calendar) from my other mobile phone, and after tried to sync with google, and it did not work.

Resoution:
In sync settings set up a new calendar, and sync will work again.
You can also delete all items from calendar named "N900" and then try to retrieve the calendar items from google.

It worked for me, but somebody please confirm this is working.

Istvan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olinka For This Useful Post: