Active Topics

got mine yesterday, it so beautiful i want to frame it. Haven't turn it yet since they came right before I go to work. I dont want to play with it now
because i dont want to be up all night, I willl try tom if i have time.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kolkata, India
hmm...nokia usa is out of stock of the n900 as well..interesting...some blood is going to be spilled over this supply chain goofup...not even a week into the product and you cant even supply the product proper...learn from the DROID, motorola has sold more unites without as much of a rats fart..

ordered 18th nov, shipped 25th nov, received 2nd dec...

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by ^tamago^ View Post
ordered 18th nov, shipped 25th nov, received 2nd dec...
where did yoou order from... I'm playing this game of "who will ship first" between Amazon and Newegg... my total price for amazon is $510.00 and my total for newegg is $555 so really it doesnt matter since i believe the $50 discount mite make up the difference for that extra $45 but the good thing about newegg is they ship directly to me since i'm stationed in korea right now versus amazon who ships to my APO address that then ships to me for an extra $13... but i worry about the devices condition because of someone saying (in the Amazon thread ) that it is sold on newegg by a third party person who may be sketchy... so can anyone put my worries to bed with some experience or assurance that newegg products are just as nice, good, functional as amazon.

Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
where did yoou order from... I'm playing this game of "who will ship first" between Amazon and Newegg... my total price for amazon is $510.00 and my total for newegg is $555 so really it doesnt matter since i believe the $50 discount mite make up the difference for that extra $45 but the good thing about newegg is they ship directly to me since i'm stationed in korea right now versus amazon who ships to my APO address that then ships to me for an extra $13... but i worry about the devices condition because of someone saying (in the Amazon thread ) that it is sold on newegg by a third party person who may be sketchy... so can anyone put my worries to bed with some experience or assurance that newegg products are just as nice, good, functional as amazon.
i'm using an APO to ship to singapore, and the order is placed directly via newegg.com

i guess there is no definite order as to how the orders were fulfilled.. now waiting for the shipment to reach singapore which should land by 10th dec...

says it's "deactivated" @Newegg now. .

Originally Posted by hm88 View Post
says it's "deactivated" @Newegg now. .
I noticed that too, does that mean they've decided to stop carrying it already?

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Seattle, WA
Perhaps they deactivated the item so when they scan new inventory in it does not repeat the issues that occurred before and let new orders in...
That would imply a quick, hacky fix; a bit of competence; and perhaps the need to scan new units in soon

That was my attempt to be optimistic....

UPDATE: Add to cart link just went live, and I replaced my order...
UPDATE 2: They are back to listing it as back-order with the same eta as before

Last edited by novark; 2009-12-04 at 00:51.

acutally now they completely took it off the site, when u search for Nokia n900 u get the battery instead O_O

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post
I noticed that too, does that mean they've decided to stop carrying it already?
Probably not. It's been listed as 'deactivated' before. Likely means they're so far behind on orders that the next shipment won't be enough to cover what they already need. When they find enough stock to have some left after filling current orders it'll be available again.

BUT...looks like I may FINALLY get mine. Not from Newegg - pre-order is still 'Hold'...not from NokiaUSA - they screwed up my Sept 4th pre-order and still can't get their system to take any of my cards...not from Amazon...not from Dell...fsck 'em all...

I ordered this morning from J&R Electronics, on a tip I saw in this forum. They had it in stock, my card worked, it shipped this afternoon and I have a tracking number. Spent the extra for 1-day shipping so with any luck I'll have it tomorrow afternoon.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Tags
newegg fails, nokiausa are con artists