Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Do you think nokia/maemo have been daft to remove the emulators?
Poll Options
Do you think nokia/maemo have been daft to remove the emulators?

can't we simply upload the source code into reps' and do it on Gentoo way? (Compile the binary on device)
Please don't consider any given "Thanks" by this user as a positive sign of grateful; as a leak of giving "-Thanks" is a leaked feature here. You might be rewarded by meaningless "Thanks" by this user.
-Thanks for your understanding

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
When Nokia posted that 30 second emulator clip, I thought they either knew what they were doing, or the same people that organized the N900 launch also gave the OK for that 30 second clip

Could someone tell me how to send a personal message

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Part of the problem is that the files you're asking for are unfinished. If you want them to be completed and compiled properly, please, please be patient. Swopping them around behind Nokia/Nintendo's back isn't going to advance the project.

Last I looked lawyers didn't work Sundays in either Finland or the USA. So we aren't going to be able to get this sorted tonight. Find something else to do for an evening... read a book, watch X-factor ( ) or go for a walk. A few days won't hurt you - but pushing for it Right Now might have exactly the opposite effect of what you want.

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2009-11-29 at 16:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Part of the problem is that the files you're asking for are unfinished. If you want them to be completed and compiled properly, please, please be patient. Swopping them around behind Nokia/Nintendo's back isn't going to advance the project.

Last I looked lawyers didn't work Sundays in either Finland or the USA. So we aren't going to be able to get this sorted tonight. Find something else to do for an evening... read a book, watch X-factor ( ) or go for a walk. A few days won't hurt you - but pushing for it []Right Now[/b] might have exactly the opposite effect of what you want.
Agreed - I wonder if a mod can close this thread as it will just help contribute to the hysteria?

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Why would a mod close this thread. Admittedly I am new here but I figured forums were for people to bounce around ideas and discuss things.

There are 28 people who voted in favor for the topic of this thread. Just because you disagree doesn't mean the topic should be closed.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
Agreed - I wonder if a mod can close this thread as it will just help contribute to the hysteria?
I agree on the wait-until-we-now-more approach, but closing lines of communication during hysteria is not a such good idea.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Who's paying for the servers, Nokia, or did every one of us chip in?
thats my point exactly nokia pay for servers, Nokia have people on there pay roll looking after different parts of the site, yet Nokia and people here mislead people and try make out its all community run.
this site is not as free as it first looks to outsiders. nokia use the community as a front to try show they are serious about open source, open community's etc, but if you look deeper its still Nokia pulling the strings behind the scenes
I should of gone into more detail what i meant when writing my comment earlier, i dont expect senior members here to agree but its the truth

Last edited by NvyUs; 2009-11-29 at 17:33.

Ahh the hassle of another fruitless round in the War on Emulators. Just gotta run the emulators in DosBox now ^_~

Last edited by ashes; 2009-11-29 at 17:56.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
What part of Zerojay's plea to take the mirrors down did you miss? Or are you determined to do this regardless of consequences for Nokia, Maemo and the community (let alone the person who wrote the app)?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:

Tags
atari, nintendo