Has anybody else got problems with the auto focus on their stills camera? Mine plain does not work, tried all the different settings but no go!!
Attached Images

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Are you giving it time to focus? Point at target and 'soft click' - engage the shutter button half way - the n900 will visibly 'focus' on screen. Then click to take photo.

If it's not doing this, try taking images out in bright daylight: It may need more light to focus. Indoor images are often a bit fuzzy a digital cameras struggle to get a focus unless they're big expensive ones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Your spot on, you plonker rodney ;-)

The button didn't feel like it had a half way position!! Now if only theres an easy fix for my mic, praps my finger is over it. LOL

Thankyou!
Attached Images

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Given where the n900 mic is, that had actually crossed my mind... but I think too many people are reporting it for that.

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
I think this is a UI bug, then.

When you press the button fully down without waiting half way, there should be at least an option for it to wait until auto-focus is done before taking the shot.

All my digital cameras do that. It's a bit annoying, because you sometimes want a picture taken quickly instead, and that's why it would be good if it were an option.