Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
1) The current climate (with Nintendo being pissed) is hardly one where people should share links to ROMs;
2) Either way, sharing links to illegal content is not allowed on this site. Feel free to find the past forum threads with the OP of those threads asking the same question as you. You will find those locked.

So, really, it's not a question of "helpfulness" but rather one of common sense and sticking to the rules.

That said, "'game name' rom" is not exactly the hardest thing to type in Google, now, is it?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The emulators let you run games that you backupped using special hardware on your game consoles. If you need games, you have to buy and backup them. Or are you a pirate?

Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
I couldn't help but LOL for reals when I read this.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm unhelpful. Illegal = we aren't going to help out. You're on your own if you want to find illegal software to put on your N900. You can get the emulator, but finding things to emulate on it is your own to do. No one wants to get in trouble here.
Are you serious?

I personally am a member of forums dedicated to

modifying xbox's
Jail breaking Iphone's
Sharing software
Dvdrips
Bluerays

To name a few and you're worried that a post in a online thread can get you into trouble?

Seriously? Umm can provide evidence or any legal precedent where sharing (e)formation as a member of a forum has landed said member in trouble?

It'd be easier for you to simply say "I don't want to tell you." I'd have more respect for that.

But fear of prosecution? lol cmon man. I'm a maemo newbie but have been on the net long enough to know e-bs when I see it

Last edited by maemojedi; 2009-11-27 at 19:13.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
Originally Posted by maemojedi View Post
Are you serious?

modifying xbox's
Jail breaking Iphone's
Sharing software
Dvdrips
Bluerays
Then...it appears you dont need any help finding this stuff. Why do you ask if you have such a background and experience in this sort of thing?

The Following User Says Thank You to pagesix1536 For This Useful Post:
because I have no idea of what files will work with maemo & I have 0 experience with emulators (i have a 360)

I pre orderd in september & have waited too long to simply own the device so I'm cautious.

If I knew how then trust me, I wouldn't be practically beggin for the help of others.

Perhaps the super nintendo took up to much of my times as a child and I'm just feeling a tad to nostalgic

Last edited by maemojedi; 2009-11-27 at 19:21.

How can Nokia be so dumb and advertise and promote the emulators...that's like asking for lawsuits. Even as a consumer and user, i knew this is illegal. So when i heard that NOkia even put up a video showing off the emulators..I was like WOW. I thought those videos are created by users...but man how can Nokia be so dumb!! They should keep it silent.

The Following User Says Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
Are you serious?

modifying xbox's
Jail breaking Iphone's
Sharing software
Dvdrips
Bluerays

To name a few and you're worried that a post in a online thread can get you into trouble?
cool story bro...how many of those are official forums ?...why dont you try asking how to jail break on apple.com forum...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Satz For This Useful Post:
Hmm, quite some messy business here
First off, sorry for my answer jedi. In hindsight, that picture is a bit offensive. I just use it because i think it's funny
Personally, i couldn't have cared less about the legality of content. Sure, i can be tracked down and sued into submission, but i don't think anyone would bother just for posting a link. I just don't do it out of principle: googling isn't tech knowledge, so there's no reason i should do it for you and just give links
Now, about the legal issues around emulators: it's pretty much like bittorrent. The system itself isn't illegal (the hardware may be patented, but algorithms, which are the important stuff, can't be). So the question is mostly about the legality of content (ROMs), which... well, it's each one of us' business.

The Following User Says Thank You to MrGrim For This Useful Post:
This is the only forum I've been to where people are so unhelpful.

Unwilling to share knowledge with those not as familiar with maemo.
This is official Nokia N900's forum.
We wouldn't want Nintendo to file lawsuit against the site or even close the site down for sharing knowledge gaining copyrights materials from Nintendo for free.

We showed you the path.
You would need to go and explore it yourself my young jedi.