Active Topics

Notices

You created a great app that I use almost every day epage.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

since the latest update i've had a real problem with connecting.. i keep getting an error about a failed authorization... i found out this only happens when i bt tether my NIT.. no clue why it has decided to stop working (btw i have already tried deleting .dailcentral as that usually fixes some other problems)

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by qkall View Post
since the latest update i've had a real problem with connecting.. i keep getting an error about a failed authorization... i found out this only happens when i bt tether my NIT.. no clue why it has decided to stop working (btw i have already tried deleting .dailcentral as that usually fixes some other problems)
I've heard of BT tethering issues before. My guess would be either the connection is flakier causing issues when communicating with GV or your carrier is "optimizing" the communication and breaking it.

By latest, I assume you mean 1.0.8, that correct? While running Dialcentral, could you hit Ctrl+l (the letter L). This will copy the debugging log to your clipboard. You can then paste it somewhere to eventually post (most likely as an attachment) here. Most likely the only private information in the log is your callback number, so please be sure to check and replace it with something like "X".

If you feel comfortable with the command line, we can run a program to download all of the webpages so I can confirm if they have been messed with.
Code:
/usr/lib/dialcentral/gv_backend.py USERNAME PASSWORD
This will generate a lot of files. Just gather them, check for private info, and attach them.

A quick status update for The One Ring. I finally got some time set aside to work on it again after a month or two hiatus. Using a debugging tool (telepathy-inspector), last night I was able to look at a contact list with names, change my callback number, and send a text to someone not on my contact list.

I still need to clean up some of the callback number code, confirm I can initiate a call, and work on receiving texts. After that I will test running it in Empathy, then on an n900, and then on an n810.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Southwest USA Desert
Maybe it's just me, but the flashing blue message alert can be confusing. Is it email/chat or voicemail/SMS? Any chance of flashing the green or red led for voicemail/SMS messages?

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by epage View Post

Dialcentral doesn't play any sounds, so I'm assuming you mean your SIP client rather than Dialcentral. I've heard of volume issues with Diablo 4.1's RTCom
My N810 can receive sound but the other end will not. ( I use the N810 to call my cell!)
How do I debug this ?

Originally Posted by Hassayampa Slim View Post
Maybe it's just me, but the flashing blue message alert can be confusing. Is it email/chat or voicemail/SMS? Any chance of flashing the green or red led for voicemail/SMS messages?
The other colors also have meaning though. There is an enhancement request to play a sound. I'm not sure if I'll get to it. Feel free to add to the report or file another.

Originally Posted by nhanquy View Post
My N810 can receive sound but the other end will not. ( I use the N810 to call my cell!)
How do I debug this ?
I'm not too sure what would be best to debug this issue. Is this with RTCom, Gizmo, Skype, or what?

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Originally Posted by epage View Post
I'm not too sure what would be best to debug this issue. Is this with RTCom, Gizmo, Skype, or what?
It's with Gizmo.

With RTCom the no audio after answering a call bug can be worked around by adjusting the volume.