Active Topics

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by ddwwf1 View Post
yeah talk about leaving us in suspence all i want to know now is IF they get it tomorrow can they pull their finger out and stick it in the post to me tomorrow and if so will it get delivered by royal mail on sat?????
I swear they're doing this on purpose and Nokia UK are having a little fun with us suckers... I mean consumers lol

Originally Posted by ShadowLFC View Post
I swear they're doing this on purpose and Nokia UK are having a little fun with us suckers... I mean consumers lol
see i feel like i am getting laughed at along with the rest of us it seems like if you didnt order direct from nokia dn you are not filling there pockets with cash directly then they dont care how long you have to wait for your phone and vodafone and tmobile(for those lucky few) aint gona mind cos they know they are getting cash out of you month after month for 12/18/24 months so they dont really care when you get your phone either

the whole thing stinks i just hope to god that my phone lives up to what i hope it will be and that it aint boken in anyway otherwise i will not be a happy bunny

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by ddwwf1 View Post
see i feel like i am getting laughed at along with the rest of us it seems like if you didnt order direct from nokia dn you are not filling there pockets with cash directly then they dont care how long you have to wait for your phone
That's not it. It's demand, rather than money based, I think. NOS has run out of stock already. I know this because I have no idea when my (reordered) N900 will arrive now. None at all. Not even a "next week reassurance".

If they don't have enough stock to cover their own orders, how can they be filling everyone else's?

So I called Nokia and proceeded to order an N900 - which they said was in stock and I could receive in two days. When I gave them my credit card #, they told me there was a problem with my card and to call my bank... which I did.

There was NO problem with my card, so I called Nokia back and told them I wanted the phone. They then replied that my name had now been entered into their Fraud Prevention System and I couldn't order for 3-5 days.

Sounds more like a Sales Prevention System to me.

After waiting for this device for 4 months, and all the countless delays - this just seems like the ultimate insult. WTF is wrong with Nokia?

I have a very sour taste in my mouth - and it's not jsut the cranberry sauce.

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by steve-o101 View Post
Sounds more like a Sales Prevention System to me.
Welcome to the club, Steve. Nice to have you!

(See also: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34959)

Scheduled Delivery Date: 27/11/2009

Fingers crossed it doesn't come too late, or I'll be well on my way to Essex.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by steve-o101 View Post
They then replied that my name had now been entered into their Fraud Prevention System and I couldn't order for 3-5 days.
That is funny (not in a good way) given that quite a lot of customers got rejected because of the way Nokia processed the pre-orders (i.e. badly) it triggered fraud rules at the banks.

Do you think they need to learn how to process transactions correctly?

Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
That is funny (not in a good way) given that quite a lot of customers got rejected because of the way Nokia processed the pre-orders (i.e. badly) it triggered fraud rules at the banks.

Do you think they need to learn how to process transactions correctly?
yeah they need to learn how to process transactions correctly, how to NOT drive customers away & how to keep customers happy...

the three things that can make or break a company!

Hey guys I hope you are having great time with you N900's (from nokia.co.uk). I have had couple of phone calls today asking about MPD, I had to tell them we cant give any information if you need to ask about your orders from you have to call Southampton as they deliver online orders. We were supposed to get it today but there is a slight delay, every store get it on monday-tuesday and deliveries should start than. Including MPD -www.nokiaretail.co.uk. If anything else feel free to ask, we are allowed to give information

Steve.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to N900Retailer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by N900Retailer View Post
Hey guys I hope you are having great time with you N900's (from nokia.co.uk). I have had couple of phone calls today asking about MPD, I had to tell them we cant give any information if you need to ask about your orders from you have to call Southampton as they deliver online orders. We were supposed to get it today but there is a slight delay, every store get it on monday-tuesday and deliveries should start than. Including MPD -www.nokiaretail.co.uk. If anything else feel free to ask, we are allowed to give information

Steve.
Thanks very much for this, I am waiting for my N900 from MPD, glad to see it will be next week

Tags
lack of quality control, myfrickenphoneshipped, what a dud