Active Topics

Hi all,

Couple of questions, let me start by apologising if these questions have been answered elsewhere, have used the search function without much luck

1) Does the n900 out of the box support push email via nokia messenger service in the uk ? For me push email is a set requirement.

2) Does the n900 currently support msn messenger?

3) Does skype run in the background allowing incoming IM and calls subject to connection status?

4) Do we expect there to be a proper google maps option as ovi maps imo is rather rubbish!

4) (off topic but I did not want to create a thread just for this question!) Is the skin for this VB forum custom made ? It is awesome and would love to use it ! lol

Best regards,

MB

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by MontyBravo View Post
Is the skin for this VB forum custom made ? It is awesome and would love to use it !
Another custom-made part you might love to use is the Search function, of which there are three varieties along the right side of your window. Personally, I prefer "Power Search," which is Google-powered, but they each have their advantages.

I think you'll find most your questions already answered, or threads where each of your questions would be appropriate.

Good luck!

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Another custom-made part you might love to use is the Search function, of which there are three varieties along the right side of your window. Personally, I prefer "Power Search," which is Google-powered, but they each have their advantages.

I think you'll find most your questions already answered, or threads where each of your questions would be appropriate.

Good luck!
Yes I have used the search, which as discussed elsewhere in this forum does not produce great results. A Goggle search is actually better at throwing up the correct threads, however still I have not found a definite answer for the above points. Vbulletin is known for weak search results on larger size sites.

IF you can actually help with the questions please respond again

Best regards,

MB

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Thanks for your civil response -- I really do appreciate it!

Still, it seems most useful to me, since you didn't find the answers, to post your questions individually onto relevant threads where future searchers will find relevant information in proximity.

I am an old man of an N800 user and not up to speed on the N900, but super-quick searching gave me, for example:

On MSN Messenger:
https://wiki.maemo.org/MSN_messenger (Fremantle runs only on N900)

As for Skype, if the answer isn't in here (might be), it would be a good place for the question:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...119#post389119

google maps for N900 has been discussed a ton already

This forum should use Invision.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Bidybag View Post
This forum should use Invision.
naaa - thats like the iphone of the forum world - vbulletin is so much better - lol...

2) Yes aMSN is fully supported of the n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to horus For This Useful Post:
1) I think this thread might be what you're looking for. Though it doesn't say UK specifically.

The Following User Says Thank You to horus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
3) Does skype run in the background allowing incoming IM and calls subject to connection status?

I think so...

4) Do we expect there to be a proper google maps option as ovi maps imo is rather rubbish!

We have this now:
http://tomch.com/maemaps.html

Other options will be coming...
Sygic has announced turn-by-turn navigation is coming
http://www.crowdedbrain.co.uk/mobile...okia-n900.html

Search this forum for more info.

4) (off topic but I did not want to create a thread just for this question!) Is the skin for this VB forum custom made ? It is awesome and would love to use it ! lol

Probably made by some individuals from the community. It is probably not available for you to use... that's my guess.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

The Following User Says Thank You to MountainX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
2) yes, with telepathy plugins haze and butterfly butterfly it's still in extras-testing and haze in extras-devel though (I think). It's very nicely embedded in the system though. Also with the separate apps pidgin and aMSN.

3) yes
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post: