Active Topics

She said several times that they would have a tracking number before it shipped. She asked me to call back Wednesday because she hoped they would have a tracking number by then.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Texas
Whatever you do, don't try to switch from 2-Day shipping to 1-Day shipping with Amazon USA right now!!!

Since I am leaving the country for a couple of weeks next monday, and I would like to have my N900 before then, I thought I would see what the incremental cost would be to have it shipped 1-Day. But without asking for confirmation, or showing me the added cost, it changed my order and added $275 for one day shipping. I freaked out and tried to change it back to 2-Day shipping, and when it did it showed $148 for the two day!

I just spent a half hour on the phone with the worst customer service rep trying to get it changed back to the $9.99 2-Day shipping I had before. Finally they did it, but it required some serious grief! So whatever you do, don't innocently try to change your shipping without calling and asking first!

Hope this saves someone the pain I just went through.

Originally Posted by bronzetank View Post
Whatever you do, don't try to switch from 2-Day shipping to 1-Day shipping with Amazon USA right now!!!

Since I am leaving the country for a couple of weeks next monday, and I would like to have my N900 before then, I thought I would see what the incremental cost would be to have it shipped 1-Day. But without asking for confirmation, or showing me the added cost, it changed my order and added $275 for one day shipping. I freaked out and tried to change it back to 2-Day shipping, and when it did it showed $148 for the two day!

I just spent a half hour on the phone with the worst customer service rep trying to get it changed back to the $9.99 2-Day shipping I had before. Finally they did it, but it required some serious grief! So whatever you do, don't innocently try to change your shipping without calling and asking first!

it happened before
this shipping price is a mistake you can do the 1 day shipping and asked them to fix the price

The Following User Says Thank You to sajd4000 For This Useful Post:
I just spent another 45 minutes on the phone with Nokia USA Customer care who are located in the Philippines. They were not able to provide the Nokia Care Protect as I originally ordered, the over night shipping I originally ordered or a date when my September 23rd preorder would ship. The agent did say that his current understanding was that the N900 was released but not shipping and that they were trying to ship out all the preorders before the release date. This confirms the order status supervisors statement that the N900 is not shipping.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Houston
Originally Posted by bronzetank View Post

lol just tried to do the same thing! something is up...

The Following User Says Thank You to legendemeritus For This Useful Post:
So Nokia USA people STILL havent gotten theirs? This really is an almighty cluster ****. Thank God initial reviews of the phone are positive.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

I called around 6:00pm to get some kinda status and all they keep saying is that it has been released to shipping and that I should have it by this week. So I keep questioning where my tracking numbers are and they quickly dismiss that with the previous statement. I then ask why have I been charged for the phone if you haven't shipped it yet and they come up with another excuse. This is getting downright ugly now. I also keep mentioning about the tracking page being broken but they don't seem to care.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by nuknuk View Post
NukNuk will do a review tomorow if i recive in the morning.
NukNukSukSuk

-Socrates 469 BC

The Following User Says Thank You to spinnukur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by rentboy View Post
I called Amazon help and talked to Mohammed. He transfered me to the "cell phone dept" and Matt took my call. (His name is Matthew Kelley, according to email I just got from Amazon feedback)

I asked to speak with Tanesha (who others on this forum have talked to) and he didn't know who she was. Said it was a big company w/ many offices.

I could hear him checking the status with his computer. So it sounded like what he was telling me was legit. Sounded like the N900's had just arrived at Amazon, but were not officially "in stock" yet, because the orders hadn't been readied.
Tanisha [Williamson] I don't think is in the cell dept. When I got in touch with her, I used the general Amazon number. She's a Sr.Manager with Amazon if that helps you out next time you call.

-Socrates 469 BC