Active Topics

I just got off the webchat with MPD - they were extremely patient and helpful. I'm a **** and closed the window before saving my transcript, but basically here's what I'm going to do to get the N900 on my flex 40 contract.

MPD is not doing pre-orders for t-mobile upgrades so I have to wait til the MPD actually have the phones.

I have to call t-mobile directly and decide what plan I want. I also have to ask for a quote (I've forgotten the exact name of the quote but basically t-mobile will quote me an amount of money so I can get the phone I want through MPD. I hope that it's enough to cover the N900 cost).

After I have the quote and MPD have the N900, I talk to MPD and order the phone through them and the only contract they can upgrade me to is the one I've already agreed on with t-mobile.

So I get the phone I want, on the contract I want, and not have to change my number.

Sound confusing? I don't think it really is. I wish I had my chat transcript though

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lexxx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by lexxx View Post
I think you have to have a contract for 6months before you can change it though. I have many avenues to investigate at the moment to find a way around this.
You can move up at any point, its the moving down they dont like and wont let you do it for 15months.

Get the lowest plan that gives you free phone then move up is usually the best way, then you can move back down to original level later if need be.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by lexxx View Post
I have to call t-mobile directly and decide what plan I want. I also have to ask for a quote (I've forgotten the exact name of the quote but basically t-mobile will quote me an amount of money so I can get the phone I want through MPD. I hope that it's enough to cover the N900 cost).

After I have the quote and MPD have the N900, I talk to MPD and order the phone through them and the only contract they can upgrade me to is the one I've already agreed on with t-mobile.

So I get the phone I want, on the contract I want, and not have to change my number.

Sound confusing? I don't think it really is. I wish I had my chat transcript though
Makes perfect sense, thanks for clearing that one up.

Originally Posted by dansus View Post
You can move up at any point, its the moving down they dont like and wont let you do it for 15months.

Get the lowest plan that gives you free phone then move up is usually the best way, then you can move back down to original level later if need be.
True. I got confused because I tried to downgrade in July but they wouldn't let me since it hadn't been 15 months. I ended up upgrading and cutting my bill by £60+ a month due to overspending.

Originally Posted by dansus View Post
Makes perfect sense, thanks for clearing that one up.
Great. I'm glad someone can understand my rambling.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Tyne and Wear
talk on the O2 forums say that this phone won't be available outside Nokia Direct/Retail till January

Hi all.

I just been on chat to MPD.

They stated;

Kyle says:
Hey, could you tell me when the Nokia N900 is in stock please. It was stated UK release being 16th November.

Webshop Customer Help says:
Nokia changed it until the end of November

Kyle says:
Do you have a exact date as news is there already shipping.

they are shipping, but that is to the UK, no one has them here yet
Also doubtful theyll reinstated tmobile deals unless already secured pre-order.

Kyle says:
Ah i see. Why is it there are only Vodafone plans on the website now, were did the tmobile deals go?

we used all the allocated stock so are only featuring it on Vodafone now

Kyle says:
So what happens to pre-orders made for tmobile tarrifs are they cancled?

no, they will be fullfilled if you have secured one

Kyle says:
Will you ever be re-instating the tmobile plans in future?

i dont know, it is unliklely

Kyle says:
An reasons why, surely youll not be getting just 1 shipment of stock.

it is a company decision so if they choose not too i cant change it sorry

Kyle says:
Will the phones on Vodafone be branded?

no

Kyle says:
So itll be like buying a simfree one basically, an the contract sim?

yes

The Following User Says Thank You to nyzrox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Just got this email from MPD:

Code:
Dear Customer,

If you do not know already, the N900 has been pushed back again.  The latest information from Nokia, is that the handsets have started shipping from Finland and should be on the market (in our possession) for the last week of November.  

There have been no dates given.  As soon as there is concrete and definite ETA’s then the website will be updated as soon as we know – please refrain from emailing us – the website will have this information on it before our emailing and customer services representatives know.

The large number of orders has also lead to a large number of phone calls and emails – this flux is difficult to deal with especially when we need to give you, the customer, the best service possible.  This is one of our efforts just to let you know the status of your order and also to try and make things a little easier for us.

Those of you who have applied for the N900 and have not heard from us need to:

·         Use our online tracker to find the status of your order.

·         If your status is ‘pending stock’, this literally means we are waiting for the stock, however your application for contract or PAYG has been approved and your order will be filled when the stock is here and ready to be despatched.

Should you need to contact us, please try out our new online chat system where you can ask immediate questions – all the information on the N900 is above.

Many thanks for those who have been patient with us – it is much appreciated – we are looking forward to despatching your order as soon as possible.

Kindest Regards, and for what it is worth an apology if you have found it difficult to get through to us, trust us, we are as anxious as you to send out these phones.

The Web Dept.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evad For This Useful Post:
I just got this from MPD at 5.33pm.

Dear Customer

We’re sorry to again advise you that the N900 has been delayed. There is however good news - Nokia have advised that we will receive stock into our Nokia Retail stores to allow us to dispatch your N900 on the 3rd December. Please accept our sincere apologies for this further delay which is out of our control, and be assured that you are on a priority list for dispatch of a Nokia N900 as soon as it becomes available.

Nokia Retail stores and Nokia online are the only place that the N900 is currently available on a pay monthly contract. For more details of the Nokia N900 please visit our new Nokia Retail website www.nokiaretail.co.uk

If you would like to discuss your pending order please email us at webshop@nokiaretail.co.uk.

Nokia Retail

The Following User Says Thank You to tomraider For This Useful Post:
Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by tomraider View Post
I just got this from MPD at 5.33pm.

Dear Customer

We’re sorry to again advise you that the N900 has been delayed. There is however good news - Nokia have advised that we will receive stock into our Nokia Retail stores to allow us to dispatch your N900 on the 3rd December.
Same here. This is simply ridiculous. :|

The Following User Says Thank You to evad For This Useful Post:

Tags
£306!!