Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
Oh thanks for that. The N900 is looking more and more like a Febuary next year device for me, from the look of things. the ship date keep getting pushed back and back... so i might just get a phone to stop gap.. How was the performance of the N97 mini you tried.? heard the n97 is sluggish and unstable
It was only a dummy, so no running software at all. It seemed a nice size, and the one thing I hate about slides - it kept making me want to slide it up and back down again (part of the reason I waited for the N82 rather than jumping on the N95 like everyone else).

I won't cancel my pre-order..after all if I got something else I could sell the N900 if the other one turned out well... I'll probably be patient and look at buying a new monitor in the meantime as well as looking at reviews of monitors. I saw a video someone linked to for the HTC HD2... it looks seriously impressive, but no lens cover counts me out.. as well as an unreasonable aversion on having Windows on a phone, despite never having used Windows Mobile.

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
err what.
The phone was announced as delayed a little.
Nokia then announced shipping on the 9th.
Retailers generally get the phone 2 weeks after shipping.

Please tell me how anything gets kept on getting pushed back.
He'd ordered from his friend in the US and it's been cancelled. For him it will take even longer than most to get the phone so February is not an unlikely date in his situation.

Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
Sure is my PAC will have expired by then and my current contract with T Mobile will be terminated.
Luckily my PAC with O2 is valid until 10th Dec. But interestingly they have told me (and it says in my PAC text msg i think!) that if the PAC isn't sed by then, my contract will continue to roll on. So presumably T-Mobile wold be similar if not the same, might be worth checkign with them.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
Oh this is ridiculous. Thanks for posting that though. There's no webchat up again now though and I still don't have an answer from them from the form I filled in yesterday.
I haven't seen webchat up for days. Hate to be sceptical but how did that person manage to get that update via webchat? Unless he's secretly a MPD employee trickling information through to us by informal means, annoyed by the lack of official communication from his superiors.. The plot thickens, but the truth is out there...

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
i can't believe my eyes

this is far above religional fanatism

get a grip people, i cant put you all on ignore...
So you think I'm stupid for whining about a product that I have paid for , but not gotten when promissed ?

While you , on the other hand, are smart ,clever and intelligent for complaining of my whining, in a thread where you have no business being in the first place , if not because you too are displeased by the same wait ?

Hmmm..

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
i can't believe my eyes

this is far above religional fanatism

get a grip people, i cant put you all on ignore...
hey I understand, for the older members of this forum these threads must seem incredibly trivial and annoying. But please bear with us...the reason we're speculating so much is that we can't really contribute anything to the forum until we actually have a damn device in our hands.

Trust me, I want to be an active member of the Maemo community, I want to contribute to all the other threads, I want to report bugs, make suggestions, contribute tips/tricks, recommend applications etc Once I have the device I will most definitely do that, but that's just not possible right now. Once people start getting the N900 in their hands I am sure this hysteria will die down and these forums will have a much better noise to signal ratio.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreadnought For This Useful Post:
maybe you should direct your whining to the supplier of your phone?
the web chat is up now BTW...

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Just ending a webchat with MPD, will paste the conversation here when it's done...
Thing I don't get about the delay??

Nokia have announced that they are shipping - so where is the delay happening?
Not sure what to believe now...

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
I called nokia call center here in Finland and they said the phone will be shipping (at least in Finland) next week, week 48. I asked the day and the guy didnt know.

And somewhere I saw that week 48 would be actually the REAL time the phones would start shipping. So right on time.

What just amazes me is the speculation in this forum... I really dont believe that all this people talking about "dates" actually had any contact with a sales person.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by stamenkd View Post
I haven't seen webchat up for days. Hate to be sceptical but how did that person manage to get that update via webchat? Unless he's secretly a MPD employee trickling information through to us by informal means, annoyed by the lack of official communication from his superiors.. The plot thickens, but the truth is out there...
it is actually up now and I did geta person but the chat went off and now I'm getting a message each time that it can't connect- either they have problems or they read the word N900 and closed me down.