Active Topics

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
err what.
The phone was announced as delayed a little.
Nokia then announced shipping on the 9th.
Retailers generally get the phone 2 weeks after shipping.

Please tell me how anything gets kept on getting pushed back.
Nice one, Now let me tell you about my frustration.

When the Nokia N900 was announced, I figured it was just what i wanted. hence i pre-ordered it from Amazon sometimes around September. ( I Don't live in the US and i had to get a close friend to pre-order on my behalf so i sent money to re-emboss him ) later when Newegg came with a lower price i informed my friend to cancel with amazon and order with newegg instead. later the shipment was pushed back to November. fair enough i can still get my product before xmas. has it stands now. all major retailers are now saying early December, or even January. Sure am not saying Nokia is responsible for this. but for Christ sake I pre-ordered the N900 even before the Droid, and HTC HD2 was announced and those devices are already out. yet i still don't know when i will get my N900. as it stands the most realistic date is January. 5 month after i pre-ordered the device*** am starting to think .. is it really worth it this pre-order business because all it does it just get you hyped up for nothing.. I could has well just use something now and wait for the device to really be out. then i can purchase it. And yeah i stand by my point that the who N900 release/shipment, pre-order business is a fiasco .. from a consumer's point of view. Who is responsible for this fiasco is a moot point. No body should have to pre-order a $500+ device and have to wait for 5 month before it is delivered.

My Blog

Originally Posted by WilliePre View Post
Hallo,

According to an email I've recieved yesterday from the Nokia Online shop (the Netherlands) will my pre-ordered should be delivered in the next 2 weeks. So the long wait may be almost over for me.
I hope it for you
i don't trust the nokia support any more.

mine should ship on 25.11 hopefully :/

Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
No body should have to pre-order a $500+ device and have to wait for 5 month before it is delivered.
FULL ACK
ah, without any information too!

The Following User Says Thank You to mak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Just ending a webchat with MPD, will paste the conversation here when it's done...
That is very bad news if true..
I've ordered from MPD

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
That is very bad news if true..
I've ordered from MPD

Sure is my PAC will have expired by then and my current contract with T Mobile will be terminated.

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

Posts: 175 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester UK
Nokia STINK!!!

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Swindon
Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
Sure is my PAC will have expired by then and my current contract with T Mobile will be terminated.
You should be OK as the PAC will just become out of date and your contract with T Mobile will continue as they still 'own' that number. My PAC from vodafone ran out at the end of last week but my xperia is still functioning OK, i am not sure when to request a new PAC as i have no idea when the device will finally arrive. I keep thinking that if i get a new PAC it will definetley arrive within 30 days but then i get that nagging doubt that it will still be delayed.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Just ending a webchat with MPD, will paste the conversation here when it's done...
Oh this is ridiculous. Thanks for posting that though. There's no webchat up again now though and I still don't have an answer from them from the form I filled in yesterday.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by mcderment View Post
You should be OK as the PAC will just become out of date and your contract with T Mobile will continue as they still 'own' that number. My PAC from vodafone ran out at the end of last week but my xperia is still functioning OK, i am not sure when to request a new PAC as i have no idea when the device will finally arrive. I keep thinking that if i get a new PAC it will definetley arrive within 30 days but then i get that nagging doubt that it will still be delayed.
I just requested a new PAC yesterday. MPD had told me to request a new one as soon as possible- but when I rang Virgin, they told me that information was incorrect and that I needed to wait until the day it ran out, then call them and ask them to generate a new one on the day. Turned out that was right. I called Virgin yesterday and they texted me my new PAC at the end of the day.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
i can't believe my eyes

this is far above religional fanatism

get a grip people, i cant put you all on ignore...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post: